- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Irvine, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented Software Engineer to join a new team working on our newly announced mobile game, Warcraft Rumble. This is a backend position with the server sub-team responsible for online player features.
In this role, you will help build and secure the infrastructure for our game coordinating across disciplines with designers and client engineers. In addition to having strong technical skills, we are looking for qualified engineers who have a passion for gaming. You should be excited by the idea of building and supporting systems at very large scale and provide epic game experiences to players all around the globe.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The home studio for this role is Irvine, CA.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and implement server architecture
- Design and implement server-side systems to help keep them reliable
- Architect systems for performance, stability, scalability, and fault tolerant operation
- Coordinate with other server engineers to build secure systems that scale
- Design and deliver code that is simple to use and evolve over time
- Champion Blizzard's core values
- 3 years of experience in one or more of the following languages: C#, C++, Java, Kotlin, Scala, Rust, Go, Python
- Enthusiasm for mobile gaming
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively and build consensus with other engineers
- Experience with a container orchestration platform (e.g. Kubernetes, Nomad)
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts and practices
- Experience supporting backend systems in live operations
- Experience building highly distributed systems
- Linux development experience
- Past experience using infrastructure-as-code systems such as Kustomize, Terraform or Helm
- Knowledge of distributed messaging systems (especially Kafka and similar products)
- Past experience with Google Cloud Platform and Amazon Web Services
- iOS and/or Android software development expertise
- Understanding of low-level network protocols (TCP/UDP)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full-time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting .
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role's range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.