Peoria, AZ - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Kforce's growing and established Engineering Technology Company in the Northwest Phoenix, AZ area is seeking a Senior Software Design Engineer. We are working directly with the Hiring Manager on this exclusive search assignment. The company offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, aggressive annual bonus plan, generous PTO plan, 401K matching, etc. This position is Hybrid Remote. The chosen candidate must reside in the Phoenix, AZ Metro area.
The Senior Software Design Engineer works within the R&D department and is responsible for architecture/design, development, deployment, and maintenance of web sites and web service-oriented solutions to support Company products. This position requires close collaboration with applications developers and embedded systems engineers to develop applications that interface to company products.
* Design, develop and deploy web sites and Web service applications to support Company products
* Collaborate with other disciplines to design and develop high quality, highly reliable, easily maintainable hardware/systems with an emphasis on simplicity and time-to-market
* Development of supporting design documentation
* Work closely within a small engineering team to develop, troubleshoot, optimize, and enhance software applications
* Provide sustaining engineering support for software applications
* BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Electrical or Computer Engineering, or a closely related field
* 10 years of professional software engineering experience including web applications development
* Experience in web client and server applications development using C#, .NET Framework, .NET Standard, ASP.Net, Rust
* Experience with Microsoft SQL server (T-SQL, Db design/tuning, SPROCs) and SQL management Studio, XML, SOAP, and JSON
* Experience with web server setup for Windows Server
* Familiarity with programming with threads/tasks and concurrency
* Strong design, analysis and troubleshooting skills
* Ability to recommend and justify the purchase of tools and equipment
* Experience developing software applications in a cross-functional product development team
* Knowledge of software development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, SOLID)
* Strong communication and problem-solving skills
Nice to haves:
* Familiarity with or interest in AI/ML tools and techniques
* Communication protocols: packetization and error detection/correction
* Familiarity with TCP/IP and related network protocols
* Familiarity with encryption, authentication, security methods and protocols for Cloud and IoT applications
The pay range is the lowest to highest compensation we reasonably in good faith believe we would pay at posting for this role. We may ultimately pay more or less than this range. Employee pay is based on factors like relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, location, performance, union contract and business needs. This range may be modified in the future.
We offer comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA, FSA, 401(k), and life, disability & ADD insurance to eligible employees. Salaried personnel receive paid time off. Hourly employees are not eligible for paid time off unless required by law. Hourly employees on a Service Contract Act project are eligible for paid sick leave.
Note: Pay is not considered compensation until it is earned, vested and determinable. The amount and availability of any compensation remains in Kforce's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified in its discretion consistent with the law.
This job is not eligible for bonuses, incentives or commissions.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.