- Architect, deploy and provision content delivery infrastructure.
- Conduct business and operational requirements gathering, create detailed analysis and write customizable technical solutions that are efficient, scalable and extensible.
- Write proof-of-concept initiatives and develop roadmaps that will enable implementation of new products, features and associated technologies along with more efficient ways to deliver services in response to changing business needs.
- Deliver and implement service monitoring tools and metrics that will identify and address performance issues and system bottlenecks before they impact media workflows and individual users.
- Provide service sustainment, operational and technical support through software/hardware upgrades, service monitoring, solution development, and interoperability with 3rd party, vendor supplied solutions and products.
- Engage and collaborate with technical and business partners while providing insight into emerging technologies, architectures and methodologies that meet business objectives.
- Participate in a rotating on-call schedule.
- 3+ years of Linux systems administration experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience
- Experience with GitLab and configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Salt).
- Ability to diagnose hardware faults and performance bottlenecks on compute (baremetal, VM) and storage platforms.
- Knowledge of DNS and experience with load-balancing and networking techniques (e.g. Anycast, HTTP, ECMP).
- Strong proficiency with at least one interpreted (e.g. Bash, Python) or compiled (e.g. Go, Rust) language.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to maintain efficiency with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Experience in multi-platform, multi-region environments.
- Previous experience with HTTP content delivery and solution development on the platform level.
- Understanding of virtualization technologies.
- Experience with datacenter hardware & storage.
New York, NY - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology's mission (DEET) is to delight consumers worldwide with the news, entertainment, and sports content they want most, with more choice, personalization, and convenience than ever before. Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's streaming and linear services, the DEET Media Engineering segment aligns technology, content, and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint to deliver elite, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. DEET is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney's media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic, and the Disney Channels; HotStar, the top tier over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company's majority ownership stake in Hulu.
Our Infrastructure Engineering Transport Services team provides media transport solutions, content origin services, workflow integration and media orchestration across hybrid cloud environments for Disney Entertainment and ESPN. The team is responsible for the architecture, integration, provisioning and sustainment of global origin, mid-tier and edge infrastructure for Disney Streaming properties (Hulu, Disney+, ESPN+, Star+) along with platforms that support media ingest, playout, edit, ad delivery, SVOD content packaging and distribution. We are seeking a Systems Engineer II to be a core team member of our Content Origin Services engineering group. It is the perfect role for a proactive, collaborative, and enthusiastic engineer who is interested in directly contributing to the development and growth of Disney's innovative global streaming platforms!
Just like the best ensemble casts of our favorite shows, DEET embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
The hiring range for this position in New York is $98,000.00 to $131,300.00per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate's geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.