- Automate/IaC first mindset.
- Develop, design and maintain automation tools and orchestration.
- Build and improve tools for users to understand and analyze the health and operations of large-scale data-intensive systems.
- Monitor the performance of our infrastructure and develop automated solutions to address any issues.
- Provide self-service tools for other teams to troubleshoot and resolve performance issues. Collaborate with other teams to design and implement tools that will help automate end-to-end processes within the infrastructure.
- Analyze and understand the experience of all customers of the platform.
- Assess technical risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Develop new specs, documentation, and participate in the development of technical procedures and user support guides.
- Collaborate effectively with internal development, SRE, operations, and networking teams to define detailed requirements and communicate clear expectations.
- Track infrastructure delivery and dependencies to implementation.
- Communicate implementation issues, delays, and mitigation plans.
- Innovate to improve future processes and deployments.
- Help develop SLI, SLO, error budgets for the team
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field is strongly preferred.
- Hands-on experience deploying and operating applications using IaaS and PaaS on major cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Services.
- Proficient in Python, Bash, Go. Typescript and/or Rust are a plus.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, and Chef.
- Knowledge of SRE and security best practices, with previous experience implementing them into workflows.
- Proven experience with automation, CICD, orchestration, and configuration management.
- Familiarity with logging and observability platforms such as OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, and AppD/NewRelic/Dynatrace.
- Strong understanding of security and compliance frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent projects in an agile environment.
- Team-oriented individual with strong self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about continuous improvement and staying up-to-date with the latest technologies and trends.
- Comfortable working with GIT or other SCM (source control management) tools
- Experience working with Atlassian tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with image lifecycle management using tools such as Packer.
- Cloud certification a plus
New York, NY - United States of America
Rust Job Details
We are seeking a talented and experienced SRE Infrastructure Cloud Engineer to join our team. This role offers the opportunity to transform the infrastructure and work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, developing and maintaining performant and scalable infrastructures. As a key contributor to the new Platform SRE team, you will have the opportunity to make a significant impact as we build and automate our infrastructure in the cloud.
CME Group is committed to offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees that recognizes their contributions to the business and reflects our long-term investment in their future. The salary range for this role is $105,100-$175,100. Actual salary offered will be dependent on a wide array of factors including but not limited to: relevant experience, skills, education and comparison to internal employees (where relevant). Our compensation program also includes an annual target bonus opportunity for all employees, as well as the opportunity to become an owner in the company through our broad-based equity program. Through our Benefits program, we strive to offer flexibility, value and choice. From comprehensive health coverage, to a retirement package that includes both a 401(k) and an active Pension Plan, to highly competitive education reimbursement provisions, paid time off and a mental health benefit, CME Group offers a holistic Benefits package for our team and their dependents.
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group ( is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
At CME Group, we embrace our employees' diverse experiences, cultures and skills, and work to ensure that everyone's perspectives are acknowledged and valued. As an equal opportunity employer, we recognize the importance of a diverse and inclusive workplace and consider all potential employees without regard to any protected characteristic.