- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline
- 3+ or more years of experience designing and developing software solutions
- Local to the DC Metro Area
- Must be able to obtain, or currently possess, a DoD security clearance.
- Proficient in at least two of the following programming languages: Python, JAVA, C/C++, Rust, or Golang
- Experience with computer networking concepts and principles
- Exposure to DevSecOps principles
- Experience with IaC (e.g. terraform, ansible, pulumi, Kubernetes)
- Experience using code repositories, ticket tracking systems, and wikis
- Prior experience researching and presenting ideas / findings that influence and guide the technical direction of critical projects
- Comfortable using GitLab and the Atlassian suite of products
Herndon, VA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Senior Software Engineer (Mission Connectivity)
CCG is a technology company focused on equipping customers with the capabilities and support to conduct intelligent and successful cyber operations. We do this by finding the most talented engineers and operators in the country, give them some of the most challenging problems facing the US government, and help them unleash their creativity and problem-solving skills. Excellence is our standard and mission success is our metric.
This position is part of a new project team that works collaboratively with a larger, multi-company team developing cyber infrastructure for the government. On a daily basis you will participate in architecture and design meetings of varying levels; some may be high level customer meetings where you will be looked to by the team lead to help facilitate and support the discussion, while others will be more tactical and internally facing. You will help drive the overall technical direction of this and other projects within the larger CCG portfolio that supports full spectrum cyber operations for the Department of Defense.
As one of the senior members of this project's technical staff, you will take a significant role in bringing software from design, to proof of concept, to minimum viable product, to robust and stable solution. You will present designs, proofs of concept, and solutions both internally and to external customers. You will also be expected to mentor younger engineers by promoting and fostering excellence as the standard for everything we do. The ideal candidate will have an excellent understanding of, and significant experience with, computer networking. We are open to the possibility that the person that fills this role will also be a people manager, however, that is not a requirement. If you are more comfortable or more interested in being a high level, technical individual contributor, we are happy to facilitate that.
In addition to a robust compensation and benefits package, you will have the opportunity to directly influence the technical direction of this and other projects that support customers who bring us their most challenging, time sensitive, and important work. If excellence is your standard, come stand out by blending in with Chameleon Consulting Group.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.