- Contribute to the engineering efforts in designing, implementing, and building software to manage the collection and processing of autonomous vehicle telemetry and sensor information from in-vehicle hardware
- Designing, implementing, and building cloud infrastructure and data systems to support real-time analysis
- Integrate multiple sources of information (GPS, LiDAR, CAN, mapping, Bluetooth, NFC, REST, user-sources, etc.) into a platform
- Maintain tests for the application and related projects
- Write and maintain engineering and product documentation
- Participate in design review, architecture, and implementation discussions for new features
- Improve the engineering process as it pertains to feature planning and development, release planning, and application versioning
- Fluency in at least one “compiled” language, such as C-type language, Go, Rust, Java, Scala, Kotlin, or Swift
- Exposure to Linux
- Familiarity with Terraform is a plus
- Familiarity with TensorFlow or other AI/ML frameworks is a plus
- Familiarity developing embedded software is a plus
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
- Interest in emerging technology and mobility solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field required
- Master’s degree or internship/work experience in lieu of education
- 2+ years of experience in software development in a team environment
- Experience with cloud infrastructure for systems development, such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Experience developing applications using modern DevOps processes (unit tests, CI/CD workflows)
- Experience consuming and/or designing REST APIs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience using Git/GitHub including branching, merging, and pull requests to manage source control
- Prolonged periods of sitting, predominately in a remote office environment.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Beep is developing data and safety systems to support our fleet of autonomous shuttles. Software Engineers will be directly responsible for the prototyping, development, and scale delivery of in-vehicle and cloud-based systems to collect, process, and manage live AV operations. This role will work with senior technology leads to help define and deliver new product offerings to the broader autonomous vehicle market. Candidates should expect to participate in a code review as part of the interview process.
This is a full-time, fully remote position.
Performs other related duties as assigned.Requirements:
Education and Experience
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $110,000- $120,000 per year. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.