- Architect, design, develop and test distributed systems algorithms for various collaboration and teaming scenarios.
- Lead design, development, and testing of mobility system deployments such as demonstrations in simulation environments and on actual mobility agents
- Develop core distributed systems libraries to support collaboration and teaming of autonomous agents. Work on integration and testing of developed system components.
- Own and grow distributed systems architecture to adapt to new requirements and challenges from customers and partners.
- Adopt and use agile development tools and processes in your everyday work.
- Coordinate distributed software systems engineering activities with team members.
- Serve as a point of contact for distributed systems projects internally and externally.
- 4+ years of experience in practical applications of distributed systems
- Strong background in distributed systems theory and algorithms: architectures, processes and communication, coordination, consistency and replication, fault tolerance, etc.
- Experience in running distributed systems in simulated environments and real-world systems.
- Strong programming skills in one of: C/C++, Go-lang, Rust, Erlang, Java, or Scala.
- Hands-on experience with software engineering tools and processes: JIRA, Git, Docker, Agile, Kanban, CI/CD, etc.
- MS in Computer Science or related area and 2+ years of experience; or Ph. D. and 1+ year of experience
- Experience with autonomous systems middleware (e.g. ROS) and Python for prototyping
- Technical team leadership experience in software and systems engineering.
- Experience with simulation tools for engineering autonomous systems
- Experience with distributed systems in cloud environment: microservices, client-server architecture, scale-out, replication, fault tolerance, etc.
- Experience with teaming and coordination for autonomous agents and systems.
- Experience working in highly flexible and agile research environment.
San Jose, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Sr. Systems Engineer/Architect, Distributed Systems for Global Automotive Company in San Jose, CA
Join a global automotive company in San Jose, California to work hands-on with an innovative team as their Senior Systems Engineer/Architect for Distributed Systems. We are looking for a candidate with expertise in Distributed Systems to support systems initiatives for future harmonious transportation society. You will be architecting, designing, and implementing distributed algorithms and systems to support teaming and collaboration of hybrid autonomous systems. You will own and contribute to the evolution of distributed systems architecture. As a key technical member of the Systems Engineering team, you will apply modern software and systems engineering practices and tools to development of advanced mobility applications and systems.
Candidates with 4+ years of related work experience with a Master’s or PhD is encouraged to apply.
Duration: 12+ months
Location: San Jose, CA (Flexible hybrid work schedule - based on project needs.)