- Manage day-to-day operations of data service, realtime/batch data pipelines, such as SLA management, system deployment, performance tuning and trouble shooting
- Create tools and automation to improve system administration and operation efficiency
- Participate in regular on-call duties
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services from inception and design, throughout development, capacity planning, and launch reviews, to deployment, operation, and refinement
- Design and implement software platforms and monitor frameworks for efficient, automated, and intelligent service-oriented architecture (SOA) governance
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms such as automation; evolve systems reliability, efficiency, and velocity by pushing for changes
- Practice sustainable user support, incident response, and blameless postmortems
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, with at least 3 years of related experience
- Demonstrated independent thinking capabilities and troubleshooting skills
- Experience programming in one of the following programmings: Python, Go, C, C++, Java and Rust
- Familiar with backend systems such as MySQL/Redis/Nginx/Kafka/Kubernetes/Docker and big data technologies such as Hadoop/Spark/Flink/Hive/OLAP/ClickHouse, etc.
- Familiar with Unix/Linux system internals, networking, and distributed systems
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Experience in Trust & Safety is a plus
Mountain View, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Our Trust and Safety engineering team is fast growing and responsible for building machine learning models and systems to identify and defend internet abuse and fraud on our platform. Our mission is to protect billions of users and publishers across the globe every day. We embrace the state-of-the-art machine learning technologies and scale them to detect and improve trust and safety system using the tremendous amount of data generated on the platform. With the continuous efforts from our team, TikTok is able to provide the best user experience and bring joy to everyone in the world.
In our team, you’ll have the opportunity to manage the complex challenges of scale, while using expertise in coding, algorithms, complexity analysis, and large-scale system design. We embrace a culture of diversity, intellectual curiosity, openness, and problem-solving. We encourage close collaboration while promoting self-direction.
Responsibilities - What You'II Do
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected].
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $126000 - $304704 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.