- Stay humble. Stay positive. Stay hungry.
- Exhaustively passionate: We can’t emphasize this enough. We love what we do, and feel our work is making a notable impact and difference on a global and geopolitical scale.
- Strong work ethic: We work extremely hard, not just smart. It’s essential to our success. Be ready to be dedicated and focused.
- Team player: Our success and failures are shared together. We learn from each other. We help each other to grow and develop. We take constructive criticism gracefully and give credit where credit is due.
- Learner: Be willing to learn, to seek truth, and understanding. Take the initiative to acquire knowledge and investigate questions you might have.
- Adaptable/Agile/Flexible: Nothing ever goes according to plan, be prepared to do any task necessary that benefits and contributes to the team success (i.e. low-level data entry to high-level research design and experimentation)
- We are looking for an engineer to work on building and maintaining scalable data infrastructure/platforms and tools for our team. Someone with foundational knowledge in algorithms, software engineering/development and operational research is highly preferred. In short, someone who has the technical groundwork, ready to gain experience and communicates well with others.
- Collaborate with OverWatch engineering members to build, develop, and maintain operational systems, projects, and tools.
- Be comfortable with projects to build new components and extend the current system.
- Help the OverWatch team become more effective in their analysis and hunting by improving the platform and tools.
- Bring research projects into production environments and integrate them with the OWL systems.
- Work in a devops environment where you (and your team) are responsible for the systems you deploy. This will involve an on-call rota.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Have a desire for quality and understand what tools and processes you need to reach that level and help the team reach a higher bar.
- Be an adaptable and flexible engineer who is constantly learning and enjoys tackling complex and novel challenges.
- Use and give back to the open source community.
- Work as part of a distributed team of remote workers across time zones.
- Go (Golang)
- Many external and internal APIs
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience).
- U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Golang or another language for developing web backends and pipelines (such as Python/Ruby/etc) or compiled languages like Rust or C++.
- Built web-services with data processing pipelines and the concepts required.
- Experience with relational and noSQL databases (Redis, Postgres, Cassandra, ElasticSearch a plus).
- Understanding of messaging or queueing software, Kafka experience helpful but not required.
- Linux skills and experience with large-scale, business-critical Linux environments.
- Understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges, particularly in Cloud environments such as AWS.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- Authored and led successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields.
- Remote-first culture
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation and flexible working arrangements
- Comprehensive and inclusive health benefits
- Physical and mental wellness programs
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- A variety of professional development and mentorship opportunities
- Offices with stocked kitchens when you need to fuel innovation and collaboration
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details