- Build your Dev QA team & lead it through direct mentorship
- Help maintain a good functionality of the game systems by developing an intimate understanding of them and their associated requirements
- Work closely with the Developers and Producers to provide early testing and feedback about features, helping in maintaining a smooth development process
- Lead the qualitative feedback process from a QA perspective
- Be a gatekeeper for QA processes and standards
- Build and execute test plans
- Passion for video games
- Clear, effective communication across teams and cultures
- An agile, quality-oriented mindset
- 3+ years of experience in the game industry working in a QA or related role
- 1+ years of experience leading/managing a team
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies and tools, video game testing standards, and the video game development cycle
- Passion for leadership and mentoring
- Strong analytical and problem-detection skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Visual Studio
- A technical background and experience with C++, SQL and/or Python
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with playing Survival games and RPG's (Conan Exiles, ARK, Rust, 7Days etc.)
Lisbon - Portugal
Rust Job Details
Permanent | Full Time
From critically acclaimed The Longest Journey to the very first sci-fi MMO Anarchy Online, to the brutal trials of Conan Exiles, our 30-year history has set our players uniquely up for a journey to the harsh world of Dune, where the continual battle for survival and spice will bring a challenge that is Legendary.
The Funcom team consists of over 400 people located in 5 studios - Norway, the US, Portugal, Sweden andRomania.As part of Funcom's ongoing growth, and completing a successful turnaround, Funcom is now backed by Tencent, the largest online gaming company in the world!
Your Mission in Funcom
As a Lead Dev QA, you will be responsible for leading a Dev QA Team for our upcoming Dune game, closely collaborating with the development team and the other QA teams to ensure a high-quality experience for our players.
You will plan, build, and organize your team to fit the project ambitions, timeline and needs. You will develop and mentor your team members to ensure their growth and help them reach high professional and quality standards.
You will help maintain and improve QA processes and best practices for our AAA games, with a focus on massive online multiplayer, automation, procedural content generation and very large open worlds.
You will be a quality champion for the project.
How you can have an impact in your position:
We are looking for someone that has:
In addition, the ideal candidate has:
We evaluate candidates on an ongoing basis and recommend candidates to apply as soon as possible!
Please apply in English.
We are a Scandinavian company and followScandinavian work values. For you, that means a flat structure in which you can thrive, be yourself, and leave a mark in the studio and become an ambassador for our company values. We focus on Agile/Scrum methodology, and heavily value the importance of work-life balance in employee culture. Funcom values close-knit, collaborative individuals who crave creative ownership, a drive for constructive input, and a never-ending pursuit of evolution and quality.
Funcom Lisbon has a full-range development studio situated in Lisbon, the sunny capital of Portugal, in an area with famous cafés and sights near the river. The Lisbon team consists of roughly 80 people from more than 20 nationalities.
Funcom Lisbon offers challenging and interesting work, flexible schedules, relocation assistance, health insurance, meal allowance, gym discounts, social events, and a long list of other benefits. Even more: working at Funcom means being part of a family, with skilled and professional colleagues that share a passion for games.
We have a diverse, dynamic, inclusive , challenging and engaging culture, with a basis of continued training and career development opportunities, and w e encourage candidates from all walks of life to apply. Come join us in a friendly environment of enthusiastic professionals willing to go the extra mile to deliver world-class games.