- Define and lead technical consulting projects in the area of software development with focus on Linux for in-house customers.
- Combine the needs of industrial software projects with existing open-source components and support the selection, integration and further development of open-source software.
- Help project teams to embrace an open and collaborative working culture and implement open-source best practices.
- Evaluate and apply novel technologies and software engineering methods (e.g., DevOps), contribute own ideas and implement them.
- Design and work on research topics in the area of Linux-based real-time systems, virtualization, IoT connectivity and related topics.
- Realization of prototypes.
- Work on open source / Linux foundation projects.
- You have a PhD or MSc in computer science, electrical engineering, mathematics, physics, or engineering and libraries.
- You have at least 7+ years of experience in professional software development.
- Experience in the design and implementation of software systems in C/C++ and/or Python, or modern languages such as Rust / GoLang, ideally in the area of IoT and edge systems.
- Ideally, proven contributions to open source projects and research and development in the area of IoT systems and applications.
- Well versed in the open-source culture and associated code sharing platforms (e.g., GitHub, GitLab).
- Experience in Linux kernel development or/and Linux (meta-)distributions, container technologies, virtualization.
- Ideally, experience in one or more of these areas: real-time Linux system design and analysis, networking know-how, edge technologies, continuous integration, automated testing.
- Very good English skills.
Lisbon - Portugal
Rust Job Details
Linux, DevOps, open source, Linux Foundation projects