- Work closely with product and design to develop compelling user experiences across multiple features and products.
- Follow code quality guidelines and standards, lead code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications.
- Automate repetitive and complex tasks by developing tools and processes that our team can rely on for daily development, testing, and release management.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the Engineering and Executive teams.
- Stay on top of industry trends and emerging technologies.
- Exemplify excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to deftly tailor technical communications to any audience.
- Push the limits, try new technologies, take calculated risks, swing for the fences and proactively search for the best solutions and ideas in the marketplace.
- 4+ years experience as a Front End or Full stack Engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in native iOS and/or Android development.
- Experience utilizing React Native and/or Flutter for application development.
- Expertise with Node.js (Typescript preferred), Go, Rust, Python, Java or Ruby.
- Experience with Unity/Unreal or similar game engines.
- Experience with container based (docker/kubernetes) and serverless solutions.
- 4+ years experience working with NOSQL and SQL database systems.
- Experience with Video streaming is a big plus (ex: FFMPEG, Ngnix, Wowza, knowledge of codec and streaming protocols).
- Demonstrated expertise in developing, releasing, and maintaining large-scale software applications.
- Informed opinions on application design and library development but always willing to listen to differing opinions.
- Driven to automate your processes, test continually, and document your work.
- You're not afraid of an open, candid, and respectful work environment.
- Passion for video live-streaming, sports or eSports is a plus.
Los Angeles, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Cosm is a global technology company pioneering the future of immersive reality. We build end-to-end immersive experiences and develop technology that enables people to experience entertainment like never before. Cosm works across three primary markets—Sports and Entertainment, Science and Education, and Parks and Attractions—while pushing the boundaries of design, technology, and service. Our technology is used by the world's biggest entertainment brands to create mind-blowing immersive experiences for millions of guests.
We have built a strong company culture based on mutual respect, accountability to each other, intense curiosity, and a bold shared vision. Our technology is used around the world and across many industries and markets to create mind-blowing immersive experiences for millions of guests and we democratize access to the most sought-after experiences on the planet. We have built a strong company culture based on mutual respect, accountability to each other, intense curiosity, and a bold shared vision, and we are a rapidly growing organization with ambitious plans for 2023 and beyond.
Our software engineering team develops technology to deliver best-in-class experiences in both our digital and physical live-streaming products. We are looking for a talented Software Engineer with a passion for building great user experiences across various platforms. We expect our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities, and to be enthusiastic when taking on new problems across the full stack as we continue to push our technology forward.
Reports To: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Los Angeles (Playa Vista) Hybrid
For CA-based applicants: The base salary range for this position is $125,000-$135,000 annually.
The ideal candidate is a solutions-oriented person who is unafraid to get their hands dirty. They have experience across the software development lifecycle of an application. They are familiar with a variety of technologies but know how to choose the best technology for the job at hand.
Cosm is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.