- Participate in all stages of the software design lifecycle working in multi-disciplinary teams spanning cloud, embedded, front-end web/mobile, data, and product
- Interface with the customer on regular basis and understand their problems and surgical solve them in any software layer possible
- Write clean, maintainable code, and perform peer code-reviews
- Solve challenging scale, integration, and architectural problems
- Deploy, operate, and troubleshoot applications in a Kubernetes ecosystem
- Represent Plume to customer site by interfacing with various customer engineering teams
- Education Requirements: BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field
- 5+ years of industry experience in writing production code
- High proficiency in writing idiomatic code, preferably in Java, Scala, Node.Js, or Rust
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, object-oriented programming and embedded systems
- Fundamental understanding of computer networking, operating systems, and databases
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Hyderābād - India
Rust Job Details
Life at Plume
At Plume, we believe that technology isn't about moving faster, it's about making life's moments better. Which is why we've built the world's first, and only, open and hardware-independent service delivery platform for smart homes, small businesses, enterprises, and beyond. Our SaaS platform uses WiFi, advanced AI, and machine learning to create the future of connected spaces—and human experiences—at massive scale.
We now deliver services to over 45 million locations globally and have managed over 2.2 billion devices on our platform. We're expanding rapidly, pioneering a new category, and we achieved our Series F funding in just four years. Our customers include many of the world's largest Communications Service Providers (CSPs) who look to Plume to help them evolve their smart home offerings while gleaning insights from their own data.
With a bias for action and a love for being trailblazers, the team at Plume embodies a combination of relentless curiosity and imaginative innovation. We challenge ourselves to think in ways that other companies don't, work to do what should be done (rather than what can), and if we can't do it exceptionally well, we don't do it. It's how we've assembled a team of world-class builders, thinkers, and doers. And it's how we're reinventing what's possible every day.
Plume's CSP Engineering team is looking for bright and ambitious Senior Software Engineers to continue delivering industry-leading innovation for large scale CSP solutions at a rapid pace. Due to the massive scale requirements of our platform, you will be solving challenging problems on a daily basis using cutting edge technologies and advanced architectural patterns involving distributed systems, reactive streaming, and stateful services. In addition, you will provide end to end solutions which involve CPEs with OpenSync embedded to the cloud platform and beyond. This is a high impact and customer facing role with immense growth opportunities and will truly put your software engineering skills to the test.
What You'll Do
What You'll Bring
As the creator of the only open, hardware-independent, cloud-controlled experience platform for CSPs and their subscribers, Plume partners with over 350 CSP customers, including some of the world's largest such as Comcast, Charter, Liberty Global, and J:COM.
Using OpenSync, the most widely supported open-source, silicon-to-cloud framework for smart spaces, Plume's software-defined network allows CSPs to decouple their service offerings from hardware and rapidly curate and deliver new services over a multi-vendor, open-platform architecture.
Backed by investors such as Insight Partners and SoftBank Vision Fund 2, Plume is now valued at $2.6B, having added over $500M in funding in 2021 alone.
Plume is an equal opportunity workplace that maintains a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in all employment practices and decisions, ensuring equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, childbirth or related individual conditions, medical conditions (as defined by state law), military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.