- Manage, mentor and coach engineers: Ensure your team is meeting project timelines and deliverables. Ensure that your team follows Engineering best practices – sprints, code reviews, software design docs, or conducting post-mortems.
- Review, write and test code: Write code, review and test. Implement improvements to your team’s technical diligence. Facilitate technical design decisions and drive the team to execute against those goals on time and within scope. Ensure quality code is shipped by the team.
- Own the full SDLC: You’ll guide the Protocol team through the Planning, Requirements, Design, Building, Documenting, Testing, Deployment and ongoing maintenance of each project.
- Working Cross-Functionally: Collaborate with other department leaders from Engineering, Product and Design to execute the product life cycle.
- Communication: You’ll exhibit a high level of autonomy in ambiguous environments and are comfortable establishing and executing upon priorities with a strong sense of urgency.
- Emotional Intelligence: You’ll navigate through stressful or ambiguous situations and lead your team to continue delivering high quality software under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Innovation: You’ll identify and tackle hard problems that are considered as major bottlenecks which slow down or prevent innovation.
- Minimum 6+ years in the software engineering industry.
- Minimum 2+ years hands-on development experience using Go or other modern programming languages like Java or Rust and/or 3+ years managing a team which owned a service written in those languages.
- Minimum 2+ years managing a team which owned a highly scalable service
- Prior experience managing a geographically distributed engineering team. (highly preferred)
- Lead projects and owned the relationship with Product and scoping processes from start to finish.
- Able to adapt and adjust in a high-stakes, high-growth, roll up your sleeves type of work.
- Experience Managing a team that owned open source code/repository.
- Minimum 1+ year experience with Web3 development (EVM or Cosmos SDK)
- Experience working in a Startup environment.
- Recruiter: 30 minutes
- Head of People: 30 minutes
- Technical Assessment: 1 hour
- Peer Interview: 1 hour
- Head of Engineering: 1 hour
- Product: 30 minutes
- Recruiter Debrief: 15 minutes
- A fully remote work environment with an international and diverse team
- Competitive salary; including stipends for home office set-up, wellness, internet and cell phone.
- 100% coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, STD and Basic Life insurance for employees
- 401(k) with match
- Token grants for exploration, investment, and/or prof
- Unlimited PTO
- Work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can deep-dive into the frontier of blockchain
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Kava Labs is hiring for a Senior Engineering Manager, who will be 40% hands on while also managing our Protocol Engineering team, overseeing the Software Development life cycle, and planning/scoping projects in collaboration with our product and design teams. This is a North America-based, full-time, remote position.
What You Will Do.
Who You Are.
Nice To Haves.
**Subject to change
What We Offer.
Kava Labs is focused on democratizing financial services and making them openly accessible to anyone, anywhere in the world. We started out by building the Kava blockchain, a foundational platform designed to provide the most safe, secure, and reliable experience for accessing Decentralized Financial (DeFi) apps and services. Today that platform manages over $1B in assets on behalf of users and is growing rapidly.
We are a remote-first, globally distributed team that values first principle thinking, experimentation, and learning to ensure long-term success. We are not dogmatic in our approach, but we are relentless in our pursuit to create impactful technology for the future.
We have a diverse set of backgrounds, skills, and cultures but we’re all united in our passion for building new open financial infrastructure — together so that our efforts will make a real impact and create lasting change in the world.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Recruitment agencies and consultants may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Kava Labs does not accept unsolicited agency resumes, and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Kava Labs.