- Provide a proactive mindset to maintain and update video encoding technology as part of our overall development environment
- As part of the team, you will support Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline activities involving end-to-end system performance validation efforts with a focus on communicating effectively with customers, team members, and end users
- You will work independently under pressure and effectively identify, recommend, and problem solve system issues to ensure systems, software, and applications are properly configured to meet customer needs
- Experience developing complex software in the Rust programming language
- Knowledge of video encoding and compression algorithms
- Demonstrated ability to inherit, understand, and update existing software
- Strong hands-on experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Problem-solver, well-versed in troubleshooting
- Flexible and versatile enough to work on a variety of different tasks and technologies
- Self-starter, does not need training in software engineering/computer science fundamentals
- Strong understanding and application of engineering principles, practices, and standards
- Ability to multitask and sustain multiple operational systems simultaneously based on current operational needs
- Full-flex work week to own your priorities at work and at home
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your career
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and certifications
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidays
General Dynamics Information T
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Travel Required: None
Public Trust: None
Requisition Type: Regular
A career as a Rust Software Engineer with a focus in Video Processing at GDIT means being a critical part of successful data outcomes. Here, your work can accelerate solutions for our clients while you accelerate your career. As a RUST software engineer for video processing, you will be updating existing software that manipulates compressed video (e.g. AVC/HEVC video data). Own the opportunity to provide our clients with the data they need to turn insights and ideas into action.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Rust Software Engineer, you will help ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work depends on a Rust Software Engineer joining our team to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation’s core defense/intelligence services and systems. You will work with collaborative teams to perform technical activities that impact the design, testing, and implementation of systems, software, and applications, including full motion video (FMV) processing capabilities.
HOW A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER SENIOR WILL MAKE AN IMPACT
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED:
Education: BA/BS Degree or equivalent
Required Experience: 8 years of related technical experience
Required Technical Skills:
Desired Technical Skills:
Required Skills and Abilities:
GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
The likely salary range for this position is $108,000 - $162,000, this is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary; rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT does not have a vaccination mandate applicable to all employees. To protect the health and safety of its employees and to comply with customer requirements, however, GDIT may require employees in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal contractor mandate and customer site requirements.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.