- JOB TYPE: Direct Hire Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - United States Only
- SALARY: $131,000 – $182,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40hr/week - Long term
- Be a core developer and maintainer of multiple codebases written in Rust.
- Be highly involved in the decisions related to the core software architecture.
- Translate design orientations into actionable implementations.
- Major contributions on the technical directions with the engineering team.
- Work with the open source community by collaborating with external contributors on our codebase, creating and participating in events, and facilitating information exchange between our community and other open source communities.
- Bachelor in Computer Science.
- Significant experience in Rust.
- Major interest in distributed systems, and asynchronous programming.
- Strong hands-on experience in testing, e.g. test-centric software development processes (TDD, BDD).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Web3 enthusiasm and familiarity with use cases and applications based on it.
- Interest in the cryptography commonly used in blockchain.
- Experience with Go.
- Experience working on open-source projects.
- Experience collaborating in a distributed team.
- You make your own schedule, as long as your communication buffer allows bounded asynchrony.
- You work from wherever you want, as long as your working space remains suitable for focus (we don't recommend the hammock).
- Compensation that reaches the heights of your profile.
- A chance to be part of an exciting journey into an incredibly effervescent field.
- Unlimited PTO
- Company paid Benefits (employee only)
- Knowledge - Contribute to and share knowledge
- Collaboration - Unite together to transcend ideas
- Efficiency - Thrive for achievements
- Care - Be conscientious about your work and the people around
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
We've onboarded some of the world's most reputable brands and now we need a Rust Software Engineer (US Only - Direct Hire) for one of our clients.
About the role
Do you want to be a major contributor to an ambitious project's design and architecture? Are you not afraid to try new things and push boundaries? Do you take great delight in taking on challenges? You're seeking a thrilling and blooming tech-first business and a caring and collaborative environment? Read on!
We are developing a next-generation interoperable blockchain ecosystem based on zero-knowledge proofs that provide tamper resistance and data privacy.
Purpose of the job
The Topos ecosystem is under active development, and as part of your role, you will be tasked with implementing core features, improving the performance and reliability of the ecosystem.
This role is ideal for software engineers with interest in security, networking, and/or scalable system architecture. You can bring in your knowledge and your experience and grow further with the team.
We are looking for a talented, hardworking, forward-thinking and ambitious profile to help us grow our solutions.
What you'll be doing
In a nutshell, half of us are academics in mathematics and cryptography, and the other half are software engineers. We are dispatched all over the world, with our first office in Tokyo and our brand-new HQ located in Boston, MA, United States.
We strive for a transparent and thoughtful collaboration between autonomous, efficient, and caring people.
What we need to see
Ways to stand out from the crowd
What we offer
Toposware is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The way we operate
If you seek better insight into how we work, let us list our five fundamental principles:
If you've read this far and you think you fit the profile, just apply.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a remote position.