- Lead the Software Engineering team to ensure best engineering practices and optimal technical architecture for long-term system scaling
- Work directly with our Product and Operations teams to ensure that development requirements are definitively and accurately scoped and executed upon
- Write and review engineering specifications that fulfill product requirements while minimizing tech debt
- Lead introduction of new development patterns and adoption of best practices through documentation, code review, and team retrospectives
- Ensure the success of new software releases through continuous improvement of testing suites, our code review process, and our observability platform
- Ensure the security of our data, APIs, and services through maintaining best security practices in specifications and implementations
- Work with our Front End Engineers to integrate technologies that will create a scalable and performant web app used by healthcare providers, medical claim auditors, and insurers both internally and externally
- Work closely with our Back End and Data Engineers to implement APIs and services deployed to our Kubernetes clusters on AWS
- Identify and adopt modern technologies to create scalable and performant APIs that serve internal and external uses cases
- Evolve AI/ML pipelines to serve more use cases, and participate in R&D projects for the integration of new data science techniques
- Lead externally-facing client and partner integrations
- Support new team member recruitment, interviewing, and onboarding
- 8+ years of experience scaling enterprise-level software implementations
- Experience leading teams across engineering, product development, quality engineering, and DevOps, and implementing high quality development pipelines and testing frameworks
- Experience scaling applications with high throughput and low latency needs.
- Experience with design and implementation of distributed applications with microservices
- Deep experience with modern technologies, architectures, and agile development processes, such as:
- GraphQL, PostgreSQL
- Python, Rust, C++, Java, or Go
- AWS, Kubernetes, Microservice Architectures
- Message Queues
- OpenTracing, Grafana, Datadog
- Strong oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with fellow engineers and product stakeholders
- Proven experience developing APIs and well architected code consumable by both internal systems and external client integrations
- Experience working with ETL and Machine Learning pipelines
- Strong communication skills, speaking to external stakeholders, strong documentation skills, strong product design, mentorship
- Prior experience working in the healthtech industry
- Understanding of HIPAA, HITRUST, SOC 2 Compliance
- Familiarity with general machine learning and AI methodologies and frameworks
- Competitive base salary
- Company stock options
- Fully covered employer-sponsored healthcare
- Unlimited PTO
- Work in a flat organizational structure — direct access to the Executive team
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
About Alaffia & Our Mission
The U.S. healthcare system suffers from over $300B in inaccurate payments each year due to fraud, waste, abuse, and processing errors in medical claims. We’re on a mission to change that. We’re a healthtech company that uses machine learning and AI to prevent inaccurate payments by eliminating fraud, waste, and abuse in medical claims before payments are issued. To help us execute our mission, we’ve assembled a team of experienced technologists and industry-leading healthcare domain experts.
We’re a high-growth, venture-backed, startup based in NYC with alumni ranging from Amazon, Goldman Sachs, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, and other leading healthcare and financial institutions.
About the Role & What You’ll Be Doing
At Alaffia, we’re focused on delivering cutting-edge payment integrity products and services to our rapidly growing customer base. To support our initiatives, we’re looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer to join us and lead our Software and Machine Learning engineering teams in designing and implementing products to best serve our customers.
We’re looking for someone who loves to optimize processes that drive development lifecycles, but also gets excited about the technical details — database schemas, performance engineering, system architecture, and machine learning technologies. As our Staff Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading the technical designs and implementations of services across our products and play a major role in the continued expansion of the team.
What You’ll Do & Key Responsibilities:
Requirements for the Role:
At Alaffia, we fundamentally believe that the whole is more valuable than the sum of its individual parts. Further to that point, we believe a diverse team of individuals with various backgrounds, ideologies, and types of training generates the most value. Our people are entrepreneurial by nature, problem solvers, and passionate about what they do — both inside and outside of the office.
If you want to work alongside driven people on a mission to make a major impact at the core of U.S. healthcare by implementing the latest in cutting-edge technologies, then we’d like to meet you!
What Else Do You Get Working With Us?