- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days
- Growth opportunities
- The technical design and implementation of the platform studio web application, which is somewhere between a CAD tool and a drag-and-drop no-code editor.
- The technical design and implementation of the nMachine rendering engine, which turns nMachine specifications into the platforms users interact with.
- The vendor portal, which acts as the app store back office for vendors distributing their applications with nMachine.
- Work with external cloud and service providers in building out their own nMachine Plugins.
- Enjoy being a specialist, obsessing over difficult, narrow problems.
- Crave ownership. You are joining a founding team.
- Have never worked for a company whose product you were not aching to show your friends.
- Thrive in a hardcore engineering team culture.
- Want competence and drive to be the first things people see in you.
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field, ideally Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer.
- Strong Computer Science and development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, functional programming paradigms, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one modern programming language, ideally Python, Rust, TypeScript, or Ruby.
- Proven experience with one major frontend web development framework like React, Angular, etc...
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience building large-scale software systems that have been successfully rolled out.
- You have experience with advanced rendering techniques for web applications like Canvas or WebGL.
- You have experience with optimizing web applications for performance, and understand how major frameworks allocate memory and manage "threads".
- You have experience (and opinions on) using advanced techniques like server-side rendering, micro-frontends.
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 1099 contract
- Stock options
- Yearly pay
- 1 year
- Day shift
- New York, NY: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- English (Required)
New York, NY - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Our goal is to build something unusually cool in the Cloud Native Computing space: a low-code system for creating operations platforms for cloud native infrastructure.
Our work environment includes:
You are one of nMachine’s founding fullstack/frontend engineers, building out the core technology at the heart of nMachine: the low-code studio, and the engine that renders nMachines.
You will work on
You may be a fit if you
Bonus Domain Experience
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: From $130,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location