- Be a technical member of the Anaconda Clients team in rebuilding a key desktop app (Navigator) and having a major impact into the features and tech
- Use your Rust/Tauri skills to help rebuild from the ground up our incredibly popular Navigator desktop app product with millions of downloads a month
- Highly involved in everything from system design to hands on coding
- Help shape a new team and encourage a culture of learning and knowledge sharing
- Attend technical meetings and actively own ideas from conception to delivery
- Collaborate with others in technical areas and/or coordinate with other members on their tasks that map to the team/department goals (i.e. set the direction)
- Grow and lead the engineering culture of the team
- Create an easy to use front end on the desktop client side, while also building out any cloud based services as needed.
- Deep experience with Rust and Tauri
- Experience working on or very familiar with desktop applications
- Experience with a major frontend web framework such as Vue, React, Svelte, or Angular
- Worked on product teams delivering features with public end users
- Experience in participating with larger initiatives
- An openness to try out new things and iterate
- Electron App Development experience
- Experience building native desktop apps
- Experience across multiple operating systems
- Contributed to open source. Bonus if you are a maintainer of an open-source project
- Understanding of the data science workflow and data community
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Medical*, Dental*, Vision*, HSA*, Life* and 401K*
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Paid parental leave - both parents
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy* and monthly company days off known as Snake Days
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
- FTE employees based on region
Austin, TX - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Role: Software Engineer III
Reports to: Manager, Engineering
Location: Remote US
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Deliver Technology for Human Sensemaking
Anaconda is the world's most popular data science platform. With more than 21 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow's innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We're not just a company, we're part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented, Rust/Tauri focused Software Engineer III to join our rapidly-growing company. This is a career defining role where you will take point in helping to rebuild a product from scratch that has millions of active users across the world. This is an excellent opportunity for you to grow your tech chops and impact a huge number of people across the world of data science and ML engineering, and developers.
What You'll Do:
What You Need:
What Will Make You Stand Out:
Why You'll Like Working Here:
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.