- HEALTH: Medical, Dental and Vision benefits for you and your family, including Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- YOURSELF: Paid time off policy including holidays, sick time, and day off for your birthday, free concert tickets
- WEALTH: 401(k) program with company match, Stock Program Reimbursement
- FAMILY: New parent programs & support including caregiver leave and infertility support
- CAREER: Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment internal growth and development programs & trainings
- OTHERS: Volunteer time off, crowdfunding network
- Design and develop new systems and implement enhancements to existing systems, breaking down complex problems into essential components and building efficient solutions.
- Work with product teams to gather and understand requirements, discuss approaches, design solutions based on the requirements and create design documents for implementation while keeping in mind costs, capacity, shelf-life and choosing the right tools and technologies.
- Design and develop high-traffic, large scale software applications - systems ranging from Apache Kafka data streams, API services, data models & data flow processes, infrastructure for deploying, and long-term maintenance of the systems.
- Design and develop peripheral systems and processes - monitoring and alerting services, automated build and deployment pipelines, systems for gathering application performance metrics, ensuring efficiency in cost.
- Ensure best practices in system development ranging from test coverage, use of enterprise standards, adherence to target architecture, high-availability and scalability, low latency, and fault-tolerance, thus ensuring delivery of high-quality systems.
- Create detailed documentation on systems as well as processes ranging from checklists for onboarding new hires, comprehensive overview of systems, runbooks for developing, monitoring and troubleshooting system issues and recommendations on future improvements.
- Take part in architecture discussions and meetings to ensure systems are aligned in the bigger scheme of things. Also evaluating new tools and technologies for feasibility, cost and subsequent use in the company and teams.
- 3-5 years product management experience in technology-focused business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 6+ years of professional hands-on software development experience and experience with high-volume applications/systems experience.
- 2+ years of experience with stream processing in Apache Kafka.
- 2+ years of experience in working with cloud-based platforms (preferably AWS).
- A strong advocate for automated testing, continuous integration, delivery, and DevOps.
- Must possess an experienced understanding of service-oriented architecture (SOA) and asynchronous message-based concepts.
- Experience with Spring, SpringBoot, or similar frameworks.
- Familiarity with open-source libraries/frameworks, e.g., Apache, Jakarta, etc…
- Understanding of distributed cache/store systems such as EhCache, Redis, HBase, or CassandraDB.
- Experience with an open-source development environment using tools such as Maven, Git, Eclipse, JIRA, and Gradle.
- Experience supporting live applications - good debugging & performance tuning skills, understanding java memory utilization in code produced, reading logs & dashboards - identifying issues and solving them efficiently.
- Strong agreement with high stability, quality, and continuous delivery.
- Strong experience working in a team and as an individual.
- Hands-on Experience with e-commerce and/or ticketing systems.
- Experience in low-level systems development using languages such as C, C++ or Rust.
- Leadership skills - running Agile sessions, estimating work, assigning tasks to team members, helping them deliver successfully, managing timely delivery of projects and sprints.
- Guiding and mentoring skills - guiding and mentoring junior members - helping them understand technologies, the project, best practices and in general setting them up for success.
- Architecture skills - knowledge of Design Patterns, ability to evaluate new systems, suggest improvements for a more efficient system, cost-evaluation of solutions, etc…
- Strong verbal communication, ability to clearly communicate ideas, work status, advocate for (or against) a particular approach or design.
- Documentation skills - ability to make the path easier for new team members / new hires / interns by organizing knowledge in Confluence, wiki, or similar.
- Ability to manage self and own time, deliver work on time, evaluate and estimate work
- Ability to work with various teams, including tech and product, incorporate their inputs into the work being done, and manage expectations on issues & enhancements.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
JOB DESCRIPTION – Lead Software Engineer
Location: Scottsdale, Az
Division: TM Core
Line Manager: Manager, Software Engineering
Contract Terms: Full-time/Regular
The Core Ticketing Services team builds applications that provide near real-time Offers, Inventory, and Pricing data for live events through streams and stream-powered web services to reduce load on the core ticketing systems. Our products power premier pricing tools, interactive seat maps, ecommerce checkout, fraud prevention, reporting systems, and more. This is a dynamic DevOps-oriented team working on various aspects including data streams, REST APIs, NoSQL databases, and cloud infrastructure.
Ticketmaster is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who can thrive in our fast-paced environment. We are seeking candidates to join our Core Ticketing Services Engineering team who are proactive, self-starters, and have a proven track record of working collaboratively across an organization. This team represents the future in many top strategies and is key to the successful execution of organizational initiatives. Our mission is to modernize and develop Tier 1 systems using cutting-edge technologies and architectural design patterns which contribute to our fans ticket buying and event experience.
Now is an exciting time to join the team and make a real difference as well as showcase your design and architecture skills as we shape the next generation of Core Ticketing streams & services, integration with various components of the TM ecosystem, and overall, building a world-class system. If you are the sort of person that enjoys a fast-paced work environment, is able to quickly pick-up cutting-edge technologies and product concepts, and has the desire to experiment with and evaluate new technological paths forward, this is the role for you.
BENEFITS & PERKS
Our motto is ‘Taking Care of Our Own’ through 6 pillars of benefits:
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW (or TECHNICAL SKILLS)
YOU (BEHAVIOURAL SKILLS)
LIFE AT TICKETMASTER
We are proud to be a part of Live Nation Entertainment, the world’s largest live entertainment company.
Our vision at Ticketmaster is to connect people around the world to the live events they love. As the world’s largest ticket marketplace and the leading global provider of enterprise tools and services for the live entertainment business, we are uniquely positioned to successfully deliver on that vision.
We do it all with an intense passion for Live and an inspiring and diverse culture driven by accessible leaders, attentive managers, and enthusiastic teams. If you’re passionate about live entertainment like we are, and you want to work at a company dedicated to helping millions of fans experience it, we want to hear from you.
Our work is guided by our values:
Reliability - We understand that fans and clients rely on us to power their live event experiences, and we rely on each other to make it happen.
Teamwork - We believe individual achievement pales in comparison to the level of success that can be achieved by a team
Integrity - We are committed to the highest moral and ethical standards on behalf of the countless partners and stakeholders we represent
Belonging - We are committed to building a culture in which all people can be their authentic selves, have an equal voice and opportunities to thrive
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
We are passionate and committed to our people and go beyond the rhetoric of diversity and inclusion. You will be working in an inclusive environment and be encouraged to bring your whole self to work. We will do all that we can to help you successfully balance your work and homelife. As a growing business we will encourage you to develop your professional and personal aspirations, enjoy new experiences, and learn from the talented people you will be working with. It’s talent that matters to us and we encourage applications from people irrespective of their gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status or caring responsibilities.
Ticketmaster strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of age (40 and over), ancestry, color, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), family and medical care leave or the denial of family and medical care leave, mental or physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, military and veteran status, political affiliation, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, race, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law, rule, ordinance or regulation.
We will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the California Fair Chance Act and consistent with other similar and / or applicable laws in other areas.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, Ticketmaster will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations related to pregnancy in accordance with applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, Ticketmaster also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions of the job should contact a Human Resources Representative to request the opportunity to participate in a timely interactive process. Ticketmaster will also provide reasonable religious accommodations on a case-by-case basis.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Ticketmaster recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Ticketmaster may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.