- An Expert in project management, Lean/Agile, with the ability to create and align teams to a multi-year strategy, and work on that strategy on-budget in an incremental way and with experience managing and driving a portfolio of technical projects across multiple teams for multiple quarters;
- A Domain Expert with understanding of the impact of queueing, testing, type-safety, linting, and developer tooling on overall Engineering efficiency;
- Curious and Excited in learning new languages and technologies. You will work on a React inspired UI platform that powers the Roblox game engine;
- Test-Motivated: You hold the bar on good test coverage and quality at the same time you are writing code. You understand that stability in layers above you start with your team's work;
- Adaptable: You can shift focus and enjoy working outside your comfort zone;
- Team Player: You work with and inspire others around you, taking on tasks for the greater team.
- Focus on making engineers more efficient, make things work faster: ensuring entire team's performance increase
- Have unique opportunity to increase Roblox engineering efficiency, quality, and performance across all user-facing Roblox applications
- Work to improve the lives of our creators and players on the Roblox platform
- Build the "right" long-term solutions to problems through lower-risk, incremental delivery
- Organize and take ownership of projects throughout its full lifecycle.
- Work with numerous teams to build the world's best applications.
- Experience with VM construction, garbage collection, type inference and safety, JIT, and hot-path optimizations.
- Experience with 1 or more compiled languages (e.g. C, C++, Rust, and C# AOT).
- Project management experience, Lean/Agile.
- Experience creating and aligning teams to a multi-year strategy, and working on that strategy on-budget in an incremental way.
- Experience managing and driving a portfolio of technical projects across multiple teams for multiple quarters/
- Experience with the impact of queueing, testing, type-safety, linting, and developer tooling on overall Engineering efficiency.
- Industry-leading compensation package
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A rewarding 401k program
- Flexible vacation policy
- Roflex - Flexible and supportive work policy
- Roblox Admin badge for your avatar
- At Roblox HQ:
- Free catered lunches five times a week and several fully stocked kitchens with unlimited snacks
- Onsite fitness center and fitness program credit
- Annual CalTrain Go Pass
San Mateo, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Every day, tens of millions of people come to Roblox to explore, create, play, learn, and connect with friends in 3D immersive digital experiences– all created by our global community of developers and creators.
At Roblox, we're building the tools and platform that empower our community to bring any experience that they can imagine to life. Our vision is to reimagine the way people come together, from anywhere in the world, and on any device. We're on a mission to connect a billion people with optimism and civility, and looking for amazing talent to help us get there.
A career at Roblox means you'll be working to shape the future of human interaction, solving unique technical challenges at scale, and helping to create safer, more civil shared experiences for everyone.
Roblox's User Group's mission is to help 1 billion+ people to connect, play, learn, and work together by providing intuitive, delightful products that unlock access to civil, social, and high quality co-experiences.
As a Principal Engineer on the Lua Foundation Team (based in the headquarters) you will build and own cross-team, cross-group projects for Lua tools married to the underlying native (compiled) Roblox engine; You will focus on DORA measurement, enforcement, quality, and efficiency for hundreds of internal Roblox Engineers; You will also mentor team members, promote projects and make meaningful contribution to all team projects across code, documentation, publishing (newsletters), and technical presentations.
If you love focusing on the User, enjoy increasing quality and performance across user-facing applications, and are excited to improve the lives of creators and players on Roblox's platform, you'll be right at home with our growing team. You will report to the Engineering Manager on the Lua Foundation team.
For roles that are based at our headquarters in San Mateo, CA: The starting base pay for this position is as shown below. The actual base pay is dependent upon a variety of job-related factors such as professional background, training, work experience, location, business needs and market demand. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. All full-time employees are also eligible for equity compensation and for benefits.
Annual Salary Range
Annual Salary Range
Roblox provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.