- Research, design, implement, test and release new database features and enhancements
- Write high quality C/C++ code and comprehensive test cases. Participate in the code review process
- Troubleshoot correctness, stability or performance issues related to statement planning and execution in a complex distributed system
- Identify and implement performance improvements such as enhancing plan selection, batching or parallelizing work, or pushing down plan subtrees to the data nodes
- Improve database scalability as we expand cluster sizes and transaction throughput
- Contribute to the growth of our open source database product, YugabyteDB
- Experience with compiled languages, e.g. C/C++ (preferred), Java, Go, Rust.
- Knowledge of database internals, compilers, query planning/optimization is a plus.
- Systems engineering fundamentals (e.g.: distributed systems, operating systems, databases) is a plus.
- BS/MS/PhD in CS (or related field) or equivalent experience.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
At Yugabyte, we are on a mission to become the default transactional database for the cloud. We are well underway on this journey with YugabyteDB, the open source, high-performance, distributed SQL database that runs on any cloud and enables developers to get instantly productive using well-known APIs. We are looking for talented and driven people to join us on our ambitious mission and help us build a lasting and impactful company.
We announced a $188M Series C round at a $1.3B valuation in October 2021, however we very much believe we are still in the early stages of our company’s journey. The transactional database market is estimated to grow from $40B in 2021 to $64B by 2025. Given our database is cloud-native by design, has on-demand horizontal scalability, and allows for geographical distribution of data using built-in replication, we are extremely well-positioned to address the market need for geo-distributed, high-scale, high-performance wordloads.
The LRT group is responsible for the language layer and relational execution engine powering YugabyteDB. We care deeply about correctness, performance, and usability of the system we are building. We are always looking for innovative solutions to these challenges, be it from other industry applications, academic research or original contributions, as our team’s work powers a broad range of components. The team's work areas include query planning and optimization, consistent online schema changes, as well as a broad set of SQL features including stored procedures, triggers, geo-partitioned tables, or GIN indexes for text search.
Role and Responsibilities