- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote Work from anywhere
- RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70,000 – $80,000/yr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
- Minimum 8 years of experience in programing in C and/or C++
- Fluency coding in more than one language
- Excellent proficiency at engaging & debugging with hardware systems using low level software debugging tools (gdb, lldb, …)
- Strong knowledge of hardware concepts needed for high performance low level software (L1, L2, memory latency, TLB, DMA)
- Basic familiarity with Linux kernel concepts (system calls, kernel threads, interrupts, paging, scheduling)
- Experience with GPU development (OpenCL/CUDA, OpenGL GLSL, or DirectX HLSL)
- You absolutely must be good at figuring out how to do something you’ve never done before.
- Good command of the English language
Work directly with the CTO and technical team to create new and enhance existing models in C/C++ and interfacing with Rust code (FFI)
Assist our developers with the implementation of new models in production code
Provide coding support for new research ideas
Own the development lifecycle and be responsible for managing technical risks throughout the project
Create and maintain our program code
Develop reports when needed to present data as requested
Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas
Work closely with your team and keep engaging in a fast pace technical design and development team
Execute in a fast-paced delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
Develop end-to-end automated testing strategies to achieve more coverage with less effort
Understand whole project, its modules and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in the assigned component or module
Help in designing interfaces and information exchange between modules
Possess advanced domain knowledge and show great customer focus. Expert in processes/methodologies and Skilled in build, release & deployment processes
Articulate the need for scalability and understand the importance of improving quality through testing.
Be an expert in writing code that meets standards and delivers the desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
This is a full time, in-house contractor job. They need a fully dedicated resource, you may not have side jobs.
We are looking for a C/C++ developer responsible for building applications that may range from desktop applications to native mobile applications and embedded systems. Your primary responsibility will be to design and develop these applications, and to coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a remote position.