- Refactor code for improved performance, stability, and scalability
- Develop automatic tests (such as unit and integration tests) and deployment scripts
- Implement systems for collecting, storing, and working with data at scale
- Work with our team of analysts and data scientists to integrate and generalize prototype mathematical and data science models within production software
- Communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing) with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders
- Mentor and guide junior engineers
- Contribute to scoping and design discussions
- This position involves working collaboratively both within your software team and outside with the front-end software engineers, data scientists, and technical sales team. The software development team follows an agile scrum process, and all team members are expected to contribute to technical design reviews, implementation strategies, operational system support, and sprint planning.
- BS or MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Data/Information Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics, Economics, or Power Systems
- 2+ years as a back-end software engineer
- Familiarity with data processing in Python (including Pandas, Numpy, Sympy, Scikit-Learn) is strongly preferred
- Experience designing and developing full-stack applications and RESTful web services
- Familiarity or exposure to cloud computing platforms and ecosystems, e.g., Azure, AWS, and containerization, e.g., Docker
- Data Science, including statistics, machine learning, and data visualization
- Referential databases, such as SQL Server, Oracle, or PostgreSQL
- Ability to communicate with impact and confidence, both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork skills, and work ethic
- Knowledge of wholesale electricity markets; passion for renewables and storage
- Experience with code review, architecture, development, and promotion processes
Boulder, CO - United States of America
Rust Job Details
We are looking for a Python Software Engineer with a serious commitment to climate technologies to join our team in Boulder, CO. If you want to help shape a new future of a cleaner, most cost-effective energy supply and work for an industry-leading software company with dedicated and talented people passionate about our future, this could be a great fit. Ascend is a fast growing and profitable company with opportunity for advancement.
Ascend Analytics is an innovative "climate tech" software and consulting company focused on energy analytics that are transforming the electric grid to renewables. Ascend's solutions provide the analytics to support critical power supply decisions from operating strategies over the next hour, to hedging and budgeting decisions over the next five years, to long-term investment and resource planning decisions over the next thirty years.
For more information, visit www.ascendanalytics.com
As a Back-End Software Engineer at Ascend Analytics, you will be part of a collaborative team advancing software solutions and analytics to support the clean-tech power revolution. Your strong software engineering skills will support mission critical decision analytics for renewable and battery storage power providers around the globe.
Support and advance back-end software applications by:
Education & Experience
Preferred Skills & Knowledge
Compensation ($100,000 - $150,000)
Negotiable based on qualifications and experience. Ascend highly values our employees and often pays above industry average. We offer flexible work hours with a relaxed environment and opportunities for advancement. Excellent benefits are available, including medical, dental, vision, and short- and long-term disability insurance, parental leave, dependent care spending account, and a 401k plan.
Ascend Analytics is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Women and other underrepresented groups in the energy industry are encouraged to apply!
Please apply online now.