- Design, build, code, and test software/hardware prototypes for signal processing applications.
- Deliver tech demos and briefings.
- Pitch ideas for new research and development projects.
- Adapt to changing industry trends and explore new concepts outside your comfort zone.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline (pursuing or conferred within last 12 months).
- 0-1 years of industry experience.
- Familiarity with digital signal processing and/or RF communication fundamentals.
- Software development experience in one or more of these languages: Python, C/C++, Golang, Rust, Swift, Julia.
- Familiarity in satellite communications, CubeSats, or GPS/GNSS/PNT systems.
- Ability to obtain a security clearance issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- Master’s or PhD degree from an accredited program in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or related discipline (pursuing or conferred within last 12 months).
- 1+ years experience in satellite communications, CubeSats, or GPS/GNSS/PNT systems.
- 1+ years experience in development of software-defined radio environment such as GNU Radio.
- Familiarity with Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Deep Learning techniques.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan — Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
El Segundo, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation’s space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space— delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The Communication Software Implementation Department (CSID) performs proof-of-concept studies, implements new algorithms, and builds prototypes for signal processing applications. We are subject matter experts who provide technical advice to our customers on satellite communication systems.
This position will be a hybrid work model and offer partially remote with some onsite work required in El Segundo, California.
What You’ll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
How You Can Stand Out
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Grade-Based Pay Range
(Min - Mid - Max)
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other—the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you’re an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at
Know Your Rights
: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the
Pay Transparency Policy Statement.