- Developing backend application development with a focus on performance
- Improving the developer experience through tooling and SDKs
- Building robust data infrastructure that handles high throughput and low latency
- Developing and maintaining high-quality software engineering practices and principles in a highly visible open-source project
- At least 7 years of experience as a hands-on software engineer
- Familiarity with backend systems and scaling high throughput applications
- Interest or familiarity with a low-level programming language such as Rust, Go, Swift, or C/C++
- Interest in "smart contract" languages such as Move and Solidity
- Comfortable working directly with product teams
- Health insurance coverage
- Equipment of your choice
- Unlimited Vacation time
- Competitive Salary
- Equity (i.e. RSUs)
- Protocol Token Grants
Palo Alto, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Aptos is a people-first blockchain on a mission to help billions of people achieve universal and fair access to decentralized assets in a safe and scalable way.
Founded by some of the original creators and maintainers that researched, designed, and built the Diem blockchain to serve this purpose, we have dedicated several years toward this mission. We believe the open-source Diem technology we have developed is an important foundation of a safe and scalable web3 world where everyone has more equitable opportunities to grow and access financial assets with lower fees and fewer intermediaries.
Aptos (Ohlone for "The People") encompasses our mission and ethos for why we build.
About The Role
As part of the Ecosystem Platform team, you will be working with various internal and external customers, projects, and protocols to foster a thriving developer ecosystem. You will architect and build industry-leading systems and tools for products and applications used by millions of people globally.
The scope is open-ended, but projects will be in the following areas: SDKs, developer tooling, data platform, and blockchain APIs.
What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
While our HQ is currently in Palo Alto, California, we support a hybrid remote work culture and we are hiring across the world. We raised our first round of funding from some of the top firms led by a16z and Multicoin. In addition to our remote-friendly work culture, we offer the following to all Aptos employees:
Aptos is committed to diversity in the workplace and we're proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not hire on basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state or federal law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.