- Develop and use automation tools effectively to operate, manage, and scale production and development environments quickly
- Participate in regular customer and internal EverOps scrums
- Monitor environments while focusing on constant improvement
- Implement new tools and technologies as customer requirements evolve
- Design and execute new solutions while working to improve existing ones
- Provide operational support and project deployments for our customer environments
- 5+ years of professional experience as a DevOps, CloudOps, or Site Reliability Engineer
- Hands-on experience and deep understanding of Linux
- Strong hands-on professional experience with either Python (preferred), Ruby, Bash, Typescript, Rust, or Golang
- Strong hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services designing, building, and running highly-available cloud-native environments
- Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Packer, etc.
- Understanding of current best practices and principles related to Infrastructure as Code (Terraform + Atlantis and/or CloudFormation)
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Github Actions, Argo CD, Spinnaker, Travis CI, etc.
- Familiarity and/or experience with containerization using Docker and Kubernetes (K8s)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as DataDog, Splunk, ELK, Prometheus/Grafana
- NoSQL experience with any of the three following databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, or DynamoDB
- Relational database experience with MySQL or Postgres
- Experience with source control, build management, monitoring, configuration management, log management, and scripting/web languages (Bash, etc.)
- Experience with AWS data objects like Redshift
- Strong desire to learn new technologies
- Industry certifications (AWS, Red Hat, Hashicorp, Google Cloud, etc.)
- Experience in SaaS companies and startup environments
- 100% remote workplace – We've been remote since Day 1!
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Equity – If you display ownership of the work you're doing you'll become a true owner of the company
- 401K with company contribution
- Company sponsored healthcare
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunities to accelerate professional growth with access to training and certification programs
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
EverOps is a technology services provider that manages critical infrastructure for well-known, venture-backed tech companies. We're 10 years old, profitable, and recently added a new CEO and raised growth capital to drive our next phase of expansion.
What is EverOps?
Some of the world's most advanced and innovative global enterprise software and tech companies have trouble finding engineering partners that have the ability to perform highly complex deliveries and services that match their rigorous standards. These teams need a partner that can co-own problems from within their own development environment. Enter EverOps – the premier Embedded Service Provider. We partner directly with our customer engineering and operations teams to help them assess and address a variety of delivery and service related issues in the DevOps space.
EverOps is looking for a DevOps Engineer who has a deep understanding of enterprise cloud infrastructure and has the ability to manage projects autonomously – with little direction. You'll leverage strong communication and collaboration while focusing on client satisfaction and high availability.
As a DevOps Engineer at EverOps you will join our U.S.-Based Virtual Operating Center (your home office), working with a team of dynamic engineers to manage multiple customers' production cloud environments. The work we do is uniquely dynamic and each day brings new challenges – Imagine a world where you won't be siloed into one aspect or facet of operations engineering. Our existing team of engineers has a deep understanding of our customer environments and are eager to empower, ramp up, and mentor each new hire so that success is achieved.
What You'll Do:
Note: We're hiring Senior Engineers based on the above details, but if you are a less senior engineer with a strong technical foundation and have a strong desire to learn new skills on the go we may have a role for you. Feel free to apply!
EverOps is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We plan and structure our interviews to directly assess skills and talent.