- Manage AWS infrastructure and Kubernetes clusters
- Develop and/or support applications and services for infrastructure automation, software deployments, etc.
- Measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring
- Support engineering teams to ensure the highest levels of system and infrastructure availability
- Work in a collaborative, cross-functional team that enjoys a high level of autonomy
- Interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support
- Participate in planning activities, code review, providing feedback and mentorship to your peers
- Be available for occasional after hours support
- 2+ years of proven Software Engineering experience, and proficiency in a language such as Python, .net Core, Go, Java, and/or Rust with hands-on experience debugging and optimizing code.
- 2+ years experience supporting large, internet-facing distributed systems running on Kubernetes.
- 2+ years experience operating, building, supporting, and debugging cloud based stacks (preferably AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform).
- Proficiency with systems administration (Linux preferred).
- Background working in an internet-facing, high volume environment with large scale web systems running on Kubernetes
- Knowledge of automated configuration management (SaltStack, Chef, Puppet, etc.) and infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation, etc.)
- Exposure to/understanding of building and supporting containerized applications.
- You enjoy working with other engineers. You recognize there are multiple ways to engineer a solution and feel a code review is a chance to share knowledge, not judge others' code.
- You are relentless in your pursuit of opportunities to implement automation and reduce toil.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to interact cross-functionally and drive technical discussions.
- Motivated, self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven track record of ownership of maintainable, stable and scalable software and systems.
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
- Network engineering including routing, firewalling, VPN, etc.
- Database experience including SQL, NoSQL, and BigData
- Continuous Delivery, test automation, deployment automation (familiarity with CIC pipeline and tools)
- LDAP / Active Directory
- Recruiter Screen
- 15-30 minute conversation with a Recruiter to learn more about your background and interests
- Hiring Manager Screen
- 30-60 minute conversation where the Hiring Manager or someone from the team deep dives into your experiences
- Team Interview
- 2-3 hour interview where you meet with various team members across the organization.
- The interview process may change at any given stage.
- Private Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage for you and your family
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Stock Options Purchase Program
- Quarterly and Annual Team Events - because team building is important!
- Professional Career Development Program and Career Development Progression
- New Employee Home Office Setup Stipend
- Monthly Connectivity Stipend
- Free and discounted perks through JW Player's benefit partners
- Bi-Annual Hack Weeks for those who are interested in using their coding knowledge
- Fireside chats with individuals in the JW Player family
- Benefits are subject to location and can change at the discretion of the Company.
Denver, CO - United States of America
Rust Job Details
About JW Player:
JW Player is the leading video software and data insights platform that gives our customers independence and control in today's Digital Video Economy. Founded over a decade ago as an open source video player, JW Player's technology platform now powers digital video for hundreds of thousands of businesses across NA, EMEA, APAC and LATAM. Each month, there are over 1 billion viewers across 2.7 billion unique devices consuming video on JW Player's technology.
The Engineering Team:
Our Engineering team plays a big part in the company's success through the development of innovative technologies. Engineers at JW Player are passionate about writing code and solving complex problems. Equipped with modern tech stack, our Engineers attribute to helping drive monetization for our customers across billions of devices monthly. Click here to read about some of our different engineer teams!
We are looking for a talented software engineer to join our DevOps team, responsible for our company infrastructure, network, software deployment systems, and internal tooling. This is a great opportunity if you are interested in helping JW Player establish and implement cutting edge industry practices, such as Site Reliability Engineering!
As a DevOps Engineer, you will:
Requirements for the role:
Perks of being at JW Player, U.S.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
As a full time employee, you are eligible for the following benefits:
According to New York City local Council laws, local New York City applicants residing in and performing this role in New York City will receive an annual salary dependent on experience between $120,000.00 - $160,000.00. In addition, applicants qualify for the benefits listed above.
The salary band is not applicable to applicants outside of New York City. Applicants located outside of the New York City area will have an adjusted rate equitable and competitive to their residing and surrounding area.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.