- Build new capabilities into WebContainer's kernel with Rust and WebAssembly
- Improve Node.js compatibility with WebContainer and investigate support for new languages and runtimes.
- Contributing to security enhancements and helping OSS projects such as Node.js Core, Next.js, and others adopt WebAssembly instead of native binaries.
- Create code and content that helps the Rust and Node.js communities ship smaller and faster WebAssembly binaries.
- Improve our in-browser developer environment (shell, npm client (turbo), etc.)
- 100% remote company
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and dependents (for US employees)
- Paid parental leave
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
In this role, you'll be working on WebContainer, the first-ever in-browser WebAssembly-based operating system. If you're interested in the convergence happening with WebAssembly, Node.js, Operating Systems, and browser engines, this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work on the next revolution of computing on the web.
How you’ll contribute:
Who you are:
Absolutely NOT Required:
You will feel at home on our team if you have trouble closing your laptop at the end of a long day of working on a particularly tricky problem, and at the same time recognize that a healthy personal life is more important than stressing about work during personal time. We all love to work hard and get stuff done, but know that optimal performance is achieved when we are fulfilled and happy in our personal lives.
Perks at StackBlitz
StackBlitz = Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All employees and contractors of StackBlitz are responsible for maintaining a work culture free from discrimination and harassment by treating others with kindness and respect.