- Iterating fast and creating simple solutions to complex problems.
- Leading the development of the company SDK including libraries, runtimes and content-creation tools (editor, code playground, linter, compiler, cli, etc…).
- Dealing with existing code and products to make them more efficient, scalable, performant and maintainable.
- Interacting with other teams and stakeholders to understand the short, medium and long term platform goals and bring them to life by leading the transformation of our current tools and create new ones in a hands-on fashion.
- Understanding distributed problems and creating innovative solutions for them.
- Collaborating with the evolution of our distributed network of Catalyst servers, our in-house solution, and the whole ecosystem of internal services to provide the required infrastructure and tools for our decentralized metaverse.
- TypeScript (both server & browser), Node.js for servers.
- Ethers.js for interacting with Ethereum.
- GitHub Actions & Workflows for continuous deployment.
- GitLab and Pulumi for the infrastructure provisioning.
- Prometheus and Grafana for monitoring.
- GitHub Issues for project management.
- No experience needed, but willing to learn Rust(depending on the project).
- Experience building, publishing and maintaining software in production environments.
- Sharing our core values: create with passion, care about the future, excellence, own it, enjoy the ride, transparency, community focus.
- Fully remote team with flexible working hours.
- 29 vacation days per year.
- Long term incentive of MANA tokens, vested in a 5 years period.
- Additional tokens linked to performance reviews every semester.
- Stipend policy to cover work-related expenses.
- Brand new equipment for remote work, including laptop, screen and chair.
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
The company is a world’s first fully decentralized, Ethereum blockchain-based virtual social world, built, governed and owned by its users. It’s a truly unique ecosystem with its own decentralized autonomous organization, currency, marketplace and system of property – and it’s growing fast! New creations are added daily by creators who use both open source and proprietary developer tools to make games, puzzles, scenes, artworks – whatever their imaginations allow. Via their personal avatars, users attend live music events, conferences, exhibitions, dance parties and other experiences every day of the year. What began as a proof-of-concept for assigning ownership of digital real estate to users of a blockchain is now an immersive, ever-expanding and richly detailed metaverse, where the world is what you make it.
As such, we’re looking for an experienced SDK Engineer who will bring best practices to drive the development of new functional services & enhance the collaboration with our community of developers and join us in a long term journey to evolve our code to keep it as a state of the art product in the metaverse ecosystem.
These are the technologies that the backend services team uses nowadays and plans for the future: