- Design, develop and operated low latency, efficient and reliable backend micro services to be used by the game client and other internal services.
- Ensure the quality and reliability of the developed systems by adopting load testing, automation, and unit testing practices.
- Ensure the operational excellence of the developed systems by adopting observability practices, and scalability, and reliability designs in the cloud.
- Participate in the architecture and code review processes of the team.
- Be able to mentor less experienced developers in the team, willing to share knowledge and contribute for their growth.
- Extensive experience in designing and developing distributed systems in large scale platforms.
- Skilled professional experience with containerisation technologies and micro-services architecture
- Skilled professional experience operating distributed systems in the cloud applying observability best practices and tools
- A passion for learning and an interest in Go (previous experience is not required, but experience with at least one high level languages like C++/Rust/Java/C#/Erlang/Elixir is required) A good working knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server
- A good working knowledge of PostgreSQL, MySQL or SQL Server
- Experienced in both troubleshoot and identify optimisation opportunities in back-end systems
- Knowledge of Linux environment
- Effective communication skills and enjoy for sharing knowledge and collaborating with others
- Experience working with Public Clouds (e.g.: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience implementing and operating CI/CD pipelines
- Experience designing systems in the Cloud with infrastructure as code frameworks
- Experience developing and supporting systems deployed on Kubernetes or AWS ECS
- Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g.: Redis, DynamoDB)
- Profit share bonus scheme, Share Scheme
- Life Insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan, Income Protection
- Flexible working hours
- Quarterly staff socials
- Enhanced pension scheme
- Flexible 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Bike to Work scheme & other benefits
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
At Lockwood, our vision is to bring people together through Avakin Life so they can play, share and socialise! Listed as one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies by the FT for 2020 as well as winning numerous TIGA and other awards several years in a row, our journey’s only just begun. With great benefits including an employee share scheme and profit related quarterly bonus, we’re a great destination for those who want to work on cutting edge social experiences in an environment that fosters communication and creativity. We’re always looking for good people – so if you’re a great person and an amazing developer we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for an awesome Senior Software Engineer with a solid background in backend development.
This role can be based out of any of our Lockwood offices (Cambridge, Lisbon, Nottingham, Newcastle, Vilnius) or fully remote with the option of office work at your discretion.
Job Type: Full-time