- Develops software components based on design
- Writes and performs Unit/JUnit testing
- Actively documents software implementation
- Collaborates with the project team, actively communicating with the Line Manager, the Development Lead and the Software project manager
- Supports commissioning and post go-live activities onsite
- Provides remote support for integration onsite
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1/2 years of software development experience in highly dynamic environments
- Knowledge of OOP/design patterns, distributed architectures and event driven programming
- Experience with Java; Python, Rust and C/C++ a plus
- Experience with web services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with databases (MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB)
- Understanding of microservices and containerization
- Familiarity with DevOps and Agile methodologies
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Adaptec Solutions is a full-service provider of automation and material handling solutions with lifecycle service capabilities for distribution/warehousing and manufacturing customers in the U.S.
***This position can be fully remote as long as you reside anywhere in the US.***
JOB SUMMARY: The Software Developer I works in the project team to develop best in class customer solutions based on the Adaptec Automation Software Framework.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THE JOB:
As a member of the Adaptec Solutions team you will be eligible to participate in our flexible benefits program which include generous paid time off (PTO), 11 paid company holidays including your birthday, health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with company matching, short-term/long term disability coverage and basic life/AD&D insurance.
Adaptec Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.