- Support existing products and features, while helping design and build new ones
- Engineer innovative approaches for collecting a variety of business critical metrics from Parallel Market's various consumer-facing digital experiences.
- Regularly collaborate with other partners on the legal and business development sides to solicit requirements, seek feedback and provide updates.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment where engineers are expected not only to build great technology, but also to define project vision, specify technical strategy, and always be learning
- Strong relational database fundamental skills
- Demonstrable proficiency and a track record of professional success coding in at least one programming language
- Experience with Linux and comfort on the command line
- Experience presenting to audiences and communicating effectively and empathetically with clients and other stakeholders
- Writing code in Go, Python, Ruby, Elixir, Rust, or Clojure
- Using Amazon Web Services
- Previously serving in a security / pen testing role
- Querying Google's BigQuery / large relational datasets
- Developing with React or Angular
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Note: This is a remote position, applicants do not need to be located in NY.
Parallel Markets (https://parallelmarkets.com/) is seeking gifted, full stack software engineers to help support and grow our investor identity platform. This is a significant opportunity to be part of a growing team and help shape the way we develop, deploy, and operate production quality systems. In this role, your work will make a significant impact on Parallel Market's customers, stakeholders, and ability to continue to scale.
Why Parallel Markets?
Engineers here at Parallel love building products, emphasizing efficiency and developer happiness. We deploy at-will, many times a day, coordinated via Slack, GitHub, and Shortcut. As a remote-first team, we will always prefer asynchronous processes. As a result, our morning standup is the only recurring meeting and we Write Things Down™. That goes for requirements and documentation, but also our company handbook (https://about.parallelmarkets.com/handbook/). Through collaboration, we prioritize the best answer — regardless who comes up with it — and believe "done" is better than "perfect."
We want to work with curious, self-motivated engineers who enjoy learning new technologies. We all learned Elixir on the job, for instance. So, instead of looking for people with "X years doing Y," we're glad to find those with opinions on a variety of languages and approaches. We're excited to know there's always more to learn; if you feel the same, let's work together!
Our frontend is React/GraphQL/Relay. Our backend is Elixir/Phoenix — with a dash of Go and NodeJS — on PostgreSQL. We deploy on AWS, provisioned through Terraform.
We've just raised our Series A from Union Square Ventures, and we are hiring multiple people for this role. We'd love to talk to you!
About Parallel Markets
Private markets are shifting to online platforms at a rate of tens of billions of dollars a year. Online platforms suffer extreme drop off on initial signup because investors must go through a painful process of uploading multiple financial documents (as a part of regulatory requirements).
Parallel Markets significantly reduces this pain point by allowing investors to go through an onboarding process once - and then they can log in anywhere using a portable investor identity. Parallel Markets allows investors to become accredited once, and then invest anywhere with a single click.
Candidates do not need prior experience in any specific language, including Elixir - we are looking for candidates who are excited to learn new languages and frameworks. That said, a strong understanding of modern browser technology and experience building for the web (HTTP, how cookies work, CSP, CORS, etc) is needed.
Strong preference will be given to candidates who have experience:
Compensation / Benefits
In addition to a salary range of $180k – $220k for this position, Parallel provides equity grants as well as a competitive benefits package (health/vision/dental insurance, 401k, home office setup, unlimited paid leave, and more).
While this is a remote role, please note that we are not considering candidates located outside of the US, nor are we able to provide visa sponsorship at this time.