- Design, develop and maintain the web development tools including bundler, linter, code checker and more.
- Design, develop and maintain the web framework including CSR, SSR, SSG.
- Analyze and optimize the web framework performance, improve code quality and efficiency.
- Scopes and builds samples, docs, and developer program content. Produces code and documentation that is accessibly written for a well-defined audience.
- Proactively communicate with teammates and product team stakeholders to collect feedback, and provide mentorship to junior engineers if needed.
Mountain View, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
Our Web Infra team focuses on building web frameworks and developer tools for TikTok's frontend engineers. The web frameworks are widely used by TikTok web applications, making frontend teams more productive and elevating the performance and quality for all the web pages for TikTok. The web development tools cover the full lifecycle for web application development, including initing, developing, CI/CD, release, and online monitoring. These tools help to improve the quality of TikTok projects.
As a member of Web Infra team, you will focus on improving the web frameworks performance and building developer-friendly tools to improve the release efficiency of ByteDance's web application. As a member of the US Web Infra team, you will be a liaison between the developers and Web Infra to:
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
2. Technical knowledge of web application development.
4. Familiar with profiling and debugging toolchain. Experience in memory optimization and multi-thread optimization.
5. Familiar with one of the popular frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular. Developing applications in React including component design and state management for specific use cases.
1. Advanced degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
2. Development experience in the open-source community.
3. Programming experience in mobile application (iOS / Android) development.
4. Familiar with C++/C/Rust language.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at [email protected]