- Development of an internal, high performance simulation engine in Rust
- Integration of simulation engine with other internal tooling, e.g., modeling frameworks, automated test infrastructure, real-time simulations
- Working with other Tesla engineers to plan new features, use cases and integrations for the simulation platform
- 2+ years of relevant experience in software development, embedded development or similar
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- Proficiency in a low-level language such as Rust or C++
- Willingness to learn and program in Rust for the majority of your work
- Experience with Python and/or embedded C is a plus
- Knowledge of version control (Git) and continuous integration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with the team
- You are passionate about automating work and enabling others to go faster with the tooling you develop
Palo Alto, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
This role is crucial to releasing high-quality software to our existing customers and for new product development. Creating, maintaining, and scaling highly efficient, effective, and thorough development systems enables us to have higher confidence in our releases and changes.
Come join a team of deeply knowledgeable engineers that strive to build the most robust and reliable embedded systems using cutting edge software development tools and practices. You will solve some of the most ambiguous and challenging problems in the embedded software space and change the way the world produces electric vehicles.