- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - Work from anywhere
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $80-$110/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
- Work with the leadership team to set clear priorities while balancing the long-term and immediate deliverables.
- Oversee engineering development to deliver milestones as planned.
- Manage data security, infrastructure, and governance.
- Manage tech team, strategic vendor and technology partner relationships.
- Manage dev team, resource allocation and set up goal/KPIs and performance metrics.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of disaster recovery and IT security failure plans.
- Create strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, and deployment of blockchain smart contracts, node integrations and full stack development.
- Consistently reduce the complexity of projects, services, and processes in order to get more done with less work.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience in backend platform development, in which minimum of 4 years in blockchain space.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with one of the blockchain top 50 companies (experience in Solana/Rust would be highly preferred and/or have experience working with one of the top technology companies (Microsoft, Google, IBM, .....etc)
- Expert in Rust, Solidity, Blockchain Smart Contract development, Web3.0 technologies
- Strong computer system analysis and design skills in current methodologies and patterns for building scalable, performant, and robust blockchain Services.
BS/MS or equivalent in Computer Science or related field.
- Minimum 4+ years of solution architecture of scalable cloud solutions with strong experience preferably in Node.js/Go-lang/C# and implemented key aspects of an end-to-end solution, delivered in a production environment using a microservices architecture.
- Experience with architecture and design of scalable, performant & robust DAPP services on Ethereum.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals in blockchain protocols and data structures, algorithms, system design concepts, and problem-solving.
- Strong distributed systems knowledge, and experience shipping enterprise software.
- Have expertise in implementing microservices (using appropriate tools and technologies for messaging, RPC, containerization, etc)
- Experience with agile/scrum methodologies to iterate quickly on product changes, developing user stories and working through backlogs. Familiarity in using tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git, bitbucket, etc.
- Speaks English fluently.
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
Our client is looking for a Senior Blockchain Developer (Rust) who should be a savvy blockchain developer.
You will be part of a fast-paced, remote & dynamic team delivering advanced DEX on Solana. You'll be part of the core team and the position comes with a competitive salary and token bonuses. Location is not a concern.
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting a distributed blockchain-based networks. Your primary responsibility will be setting direction and strategy, analyzing requirements, designing blockchain technology around a certain business model, and the building and launching of a blockchain network.
As a VP of engineering, you should be comfortable around managing a remote engineering team, agile dev framework and weekly sprints. If you're the one who can work in a fast-paced environment, independently and passionately about decentralized finance (DeFi), we’d like to meet you.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a remote position.