Serve as a software architect and key contributor within Microsoft's Virtualization Core Platform team.
- Design and implement new innovative features for Microsoft's hypervisor.
- Improve Microsoft's virtualization platform to reduce costs, increase performance, increase security, and more.
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of engineers, including mentoring more junior engineers in the workgroup.
- Learn and share ideas continuously.
- Drive for quality in everything you do and continuously improve the quality of the systems on which you work.
- Collaborate across team boundaries to define and drive team charter and vision.
- Provide technical input across the Windows Core and Azure teams.
- Debug low-level hardware/software interactions at the core of Microsoft’s virtualization stack
- Bring-up Microsoft’s hypervisor on new silicon from a variety of hardware partners
- 10+ years of development experience
- 7+ years of development experience in C, C++, or Rust
- 7+ years of experience in hypervisor/kernel programming
- Significant experience with hypervisors, kernel mode programming and security
- Solid architectural skills backed up by implementation experience
- Strong coding, debugging, testing, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work on a large codebase and willing to take on a wide variety of challenges
- Strong understanding of systems software and low-level hardware/software interaction
- Experience with silicon bring-up activities
- A track record of solid results across multiple ship cycles
- Thorough understanding of modern computer architectures found in desktop PCs and servers
- BS in Computer Science or comparable CS-related degree
Redmond, WA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Join the Virtualization Core Platform team and help build Microsoft’s intelligent cloud. Your contributions to Hyper-V will enable much more than traditional virtual machines. You efforts will power Microsoft’s containers, millions of servers in the Azure cloud, and deliver best in class security features for the Windows operating system across a wide ecosystem of devices. Collaborate with developers across Microsoft, hardware partners, and the open source community to deliver innovative technology in the virtualization space. Be a part of the Hyper-V team and build features that differentiate our platform and delight our customers.
We're looking for passionate, innovative, and versatile engineers.
We ship an extremely high quality platform that delights our customers, release after release. But more importantly, we've created a collaborative culture where new ideas are embraced and encouraged. Our goal is to create an engaging environment where you can do your best work.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.