- We are the official tracking and analytics provider of the English Premier League, NBA, MLS, and NCAA March Madness and have numerous clients across multiple sports at the team, league, and media levels.
- We developed a real-time video augmentation pipeline that powers the innovative content featured in products like the Emmy-winning RomoVision and the award-winning Clippers CourtVision, and has been used by CBS, Amazon Prime Video, ESPN, Turner Sports, BT Sport, FOX, and International NBA League Pass.
- We produce the most accurate tracking data with the fastest high-quality output by leveraging the most automated and extensible solution in the market.
- This position is targeted for new graduates who would start in Summer/Fall 2023.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve our customer-facing and internal applications
- Contribute to multiple layers of our stack, from our web front-end, backend API’s, and databases
- Collaborate closely with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, and other software engineers
- Assist with reliability, stability, and availability of applications
- Maintain best practices for software development, including deployment process, documentation, and adherence to and improvement of coding standards.
- Participate in our engineering culture by embracing opportunities to learn from others.
- Client-side: ReactJS, TypeScript, , HTML/CSS, Design Systems
- Server-side: Elixir, REST, NodeJS, TypeScript, Postgres, Redis, RabbitMQ, Pulsar, Auth0, Rust
- Infrastructure: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ElasticCache), Docker, Linux, Terraform
- Codebase: Git with GitLab or Github
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in computer science or equivalent experience, with strong software engineering components
- Demonstrate strong academic performance
- Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong willingness to learn from teammates
- Current participation in or a demonstrated passion for sports is a substantial plus
- Experience with Rust, Golang, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, Clojure, TypeScript, or React
- Flat hierarchy and collaborative management by highly qualified technical leads
- Developing cutting-edge products that serve major professional sports leagues and teams
- Team-oriented, start-up mindset, innovative and dynamic environment, which encourages growth and provides opportunities to make an impact
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Second Spectrum is building the next way of seeing sports. We deliver unique and innovative solutions through unparalleled capabilities in machine understanding of sports.
We are constantly innovating. We believe that technology will revolutionize the way that sports are played, coached, and experienced, and that the work to make this happen has just begun.
The Role: Full Stack Software Engineer*
We are looking for full stack software engineers to join our Product Engineering, Platform, Tracking, Infrastructure or Artificial Intelligence teams.
What You’ll Do:
Our Stack: *
What You Have: *
What Will Set You Apart: *
Our Work Environment and What You Will Benefit From: *
As a general approach, we interview for aptitude over specific technologies or languages. Please be prepared to speak to anything listed on your resume or in your portfolio._
Job Type: Full-time