- We are hiring for an Engineer in one of our remote operating Hub locations in CA, Pacific NW, Texas or Chicago areas where the employee must reside within a couple hours drive or flight from.
- Support requirements, design, implementation, maintenance, and testing of software
- Support and take technical leadership in security projects that support product teams
- Serve as a cybersecurity and privacy engineer SME and provide guidance
- If needed, can support activities to respond to identified vulnerabilities
- Support compliance/certification activities and participate in security audits/reviews
- Keep abreast of and provide recommendations on emerging security technologies/tools
- Has cybersecurity background in CS, cybersecurity, or engineering fields
- Comfortable in working with mobile applications for iOS and/or Android
- Able to identify gaps and then enable team to address those gaps
- IoT experience
- Experience in software development
- Strong understanding of application security domain including OWASP top ten
- Strong understanding of at least one of authentication/authorization, OAuth, JWT, key management, and applied cryptography
- Experience in developing in a modern programming language including one or more of Java, OCaml, Haskell, Spark, Rust, Dart, Go, C#, or Python
- Performs security assessments of company products that may include vulnerability and risk assessments, threat analysis, and security code reviews to identify potential design and implementation vulnerabilities. Designs and develops security features for products including systems, applications and/or solutions. Integrates new security features and updates into existing products and ensures the security of all products is maintained throughout the product lifecycle. Provides product security engineering recommendations and resolves integration and testing issues. Builds a standardized set of security product requirements and produces metrics to report performance against those requirements. Reviews and defines security diagnostics and tools to facilitate the analysis and reporting of security events. Detects and mitigates security risks, responds to product security incidents, and works with customers regarding product security related issues. Leads or participates in security architecture and design review meetings.
- Applies basic technical understanding with the knowledge to develop process and design experiments. Possesses theoretical knowledge, but is learning the industry and requirements of applied science. Understands organizational and functional processes and policies.
- Demonstrates potential for technical proficiency. Works on problems of basic scope in which analysis of situation or data requires a review of data factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
- Normally receives instructions on all work and work output it supervised.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a technical discipline, and a minimum of 0-2 years related experience.
- The Workplace Type for this role is Remote. Based on the nature of your position you will need to visit a Dexcom site no more than once per quarter and no more than 10 business days per visit (4 trips/40 days max per year). Travel and expenses will be reimbursed for this travel if you live outside of commuting distance (typically 75 miles/120km) of your assigned Dexcom site.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Founded in 1999, Dexcom, Inc. provides continuous glucose monitoring technology to help patients and their clinicians better manage diabetes. Since our inception, we have focused on better outcomes for patients, caregivers, and clinicians by delivering solutions for people with diabetes - while empowering our community to take control of diabetes.
Dexcom is a high-growth, fast-paced environment where you work with leading-edge, mobile application technologies supporting iOS and Android teams in creating security controls in modern diabetes medical device systems. We’re seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer 1 to help in architecting and developing security features into our products. You will work alongside highly-skilled and passionate innovators who know how to deliver exceptional results while also having some fun along the way. In this work, you will help create new security or privacy features. You will interact with mobile app engineers, mobile app cybersecurity SMEs, and data platform engineers to design or create features that reduce risk.
As a member of the R&D cybersecurity team and to help in this effort, you will specify, design, develop, test, integrate, maintain, and evaluate security features for products including internal Dexcom and external Dexcom systems, applications and/or solutions. This includes the integration of new security features and updates into existing products and ensuring the security of all products is maintained throughout the product lifecycle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Dexcom Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Dexcom’s AAP may be viewed upon request by contacting Talent Acquisition at [email protected].