- Work with a small team of highly dedicated software developers who are passionate about Application Security, and continuously strive for engineering excellence
- Build high-quality, clean, scalable, and reusable capabilities by enforcing best practices around software engineering architecture and processes (test-driven development, aspect oriented programming, etc.)
- Work with the SCRUM Product Owner to understand detailed requirements and own your code from design, implementation, test automation and delivery of high-quality product to our users
- Design software that is correct, complete, and simple enough to use to allow other stakeholders to extend and customize the functionality to meet their specific needs
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new products and features while also enhancing the existing product suite
- Apply your Critical Breaking and Critical Making skills to identify security gaps and come up with solutions to mitigate them
- Constantly acquire new knowledge, and have fun learning with your teammates
- Be a mentor for colleagues and help promote knowledge-sharing
- 3+ years of experience actively developing software for the ServiceNow Platform
- 4+ years of experience using Cloud infrastructure to run your containerized services (AWS required, Azure or GCP nice to have)
- Lead or significantly contribure to medium-to-large feature release; usually multip person projects that cross engineering team boundaries
- Passion for cybersecurity, and in particular, Application Security concepts and practices
- Passion for improving the Developer Experience with Security tools
- Interest in leveraging the latest AI/ML/Data Mining techniques to gain better efficacy and efficiency
- Experience with any of the modern UI frameworks like ReactJS
- Analytical and design skills
- Ability to manage projects with material technical risk at a team level
Austin, TX - United States of America
Rust Job Details
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can’t wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
As a member of the DevSecOps team, you will help with the development, deployment, integration, and scale of containerized security services to support SAST, DAST and SCA functions across ServiceNow. In addition, you will help build ServiceNow Apps for the Product Security team to support security activities at scale and make work, work better for engineers, IT developers and operations. You will work closely with other AppSec teams, Build engineering, Tools engineering and Infrastructure operations teams to deploy and maintain scalable containerized system images for application security toolchains.
As a member of this small and prestigious team, you will:
To be successful in this role you have:
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.