- JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position (no agencies/C2C - see notes below)
- LOCATION: Remote - North America
- HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $70 – $95/hr
- ESTIMATED DURATION: 40h/week - Long-term
- 4+ years of experience in Node js, Typescript
- Proficiency with either Go or Rust
- Experience designing, building, scaling and maintaining core backend software components (experience with API platforms a plus)
- Ability to solve complex design, scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-throughput, low-latency systems
- Experience with AWS technologies is a plus
- Self-starter attitude and the ability to execute new ideas with autonomy
- Web3 experience, a plus
- Passion in building a 0-1 metaverse that onboards millions of web2 users to web3!
- You have experience in cloud rendering related technologies.
- You have knowledge of WebGL
- You're familiar and interested in the crypto ecosystem (DeFi, NFTs, identity, staking, or more).
- You've worked in a startup environment.
- You speak and write in Korean.
- Work closely with CTO, VP of Engineering, designers, game producers, and engineers to implement our open world metaverse experiences.
- Contribute and lead backend design discussions, stand up meetings, and code reviews
- Develop and own best practices for backend application development with a focus on high throughput, high reliability, and low latency
- Interact with blockchain engineers and collectively decide what components should be on-chain vs off-chain
- Design and implement off-chain microservices including but limited to per-wallet off-chain metadata storage with high availability and latency requirements.
- Work with dev-ops engineers to deploy backend services in production with regional awareness
- Research and prototype new and upcoming metaverse technologies.
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
What our look for in you:
Bonus point if:
What you will be doing:
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. If you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around their consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we'd welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.