- Build out our technology infrastructure, from our core smart contracts (Cairo) to our SDKs (Python, Docker) including low-level optimizations for latency and robustness
- Help define the overall architecture of our solution and set up development processes that enable us to continue to iterate rapidly
- Think from first principles to tackle challenges at the cutting edge of cryptography, smart contracts, and data - prioritizing safety and robustness
- Hire the brightest and most ambitious technical talent to come work with you
- >2y experience as a full stack developer (bonus if you have a background at FAANG, in Web3 or the data space (e.g. ML / big data / ...))
- Experience with React, Python, and Docker (bonus if you have experience in Rust or other low-level languages)
- Passionate about Web3, ideally with previous professional experience in the space.
- Please share your LinkedIn and GitHub profiles
- Bonus if you have experience with Solidity and/or Cairo
- Be at the cutting edge of web3 and help build critical infrastructure for the future of Ethereum
- Learn together with a world-class team, and our friends at StarkWare and within the StarkNet ecosystem
- A fast-paced, no-bullshit work environment that has high expectations and helps you achieve them
- Work on a project that is growing extremely quickly and has a clear product-market fit in an existing market — while also pursuing moonshot opportunities to re-define trustless data fetching
- Above-market compensation and meaningful equity
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- New York, NY 10122: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- React: 1 year (Preferred)
- Python: 1 year (Preferred)
- Rust: 1 year (Preferred)
- Full-stack development: 2 years (Required)
New York, NY - United States of America
Rust Job Details
About Empiric Labs
Empiric Labs is building essential zk-rollup infrastructure for Ethereum. Our work is at the cutting edge of cryptography and blockchain technology.
We are building Empiric Network, the first live oracle on StarkNet and the leading provider of robust data feeds to the ecosystem today. The network is powered by data partners that include Alameda Research, Jane Street, Gemini, CMT Digital, Flow Traders, and more. Because Empiric Network is entirely on-chain, protocols using Empiric finally have access to data that is as verifiable, transparent, and secure as the smart contracts themselves. Empiric is also pioneering computational feeds that combine its high-quality, real-time market data in novel ways — entirely on-chain and verifiable by leveraging zero-knowledge computation. These advanced computational feeds will enable the next generation of DeFi protocols to go beyond what is possible today.
We recently raised a $7M seed round led by Variant and joined by ecosystem partners such as StarkWare and Sandeep Nailwal (Polygon), as well as a stellar group of investors such as Thomas Bailey (Road Capital), Marc Bhagarva (Tagomi), Luke Pearson (Polychain), Max Kleiman-Weiner (Sequoia), Tekin Salimi (DAO5), Tarun Chitra (Gauntlet) and Robert Leshner (Compound).
You can read more in our docs and take a look at our open source code.
What You’ll Do
***Living in NYC or willing to move there (we're open to sponsoring visa extensions)***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $82,424.83 - $178,014.22 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: One location