- Enjoy working on small, fast-paced teams.
- Are Fluent with Kubernetes and associated containerization technologies.
- Have strong, proven experience:
- working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), having designed, built and maintained cloud platforms that run production-grade services and traffic.
- building and maintaining platforms using Terraform (or similar infrastructure as code technologies)
- Solve complex and difficult engineering problems.
- Comprehend software development design patterns.
- Preferably, have prior experience with:
- Go, Rust, Typescript, and Java.
- Building and maintaining tools and CI/CD pipelines.
- Developing Kubernetes operators.
- Capacity and load testing of distributed applications.
- Hands-on, operational performance measurement and benchmarking.
- Working independently on self-prioritized tasks.
- Are biased toward action. When you see problems, you fix them.
- Care more about building an impactful and delightful product than about using any particular technology.
- Sweat the details and take pride in your craft.
- Have excellent communication and collaboration skills, and find ways to develop empathy for your users.
- Work hours that are aligned with US timezones (UTC-8 to UTC-4).
- Code in high-level languages (e.g. Go, Rust, Java, Python) in addition to shell-languages.
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services — from inception and design, deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Scale systems sustainably by automation; drive changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Establish incident response systems and perform blameless postmortems to prevent problem recurrence.
- Develop tools for monitoring, instrumentation, and disaster recovery of critical systems.
- Own enterprise wide critical services such as database and deployment pipelines.
- Collaborate with software engineers from product teams to establish, maintain, and optimize CI/CD pipelines.
- Debug hard problems on large distributed systems.
- 8 hour shift
- Kubernetes: 4 years (Preferred)
- AWS: 4 years (Preferred)
- Go: 4 years (Preferred)
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
*** Open to candidates in North and South America ***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $100,000.00 - $200,000.00 per year
Work Location: Remote