- Industry Technology
- Work Experience 4-5 years
- Salary 250 to 525 PHP / hour
- Remote Job
- Work with a cross-functional team to diagnose and remediate infrastructure, network, and software issues, particularly in cloud environments
- Collaborate with external and peer end-users and engineers to identify, triage, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve technical problems for supported systems
- Perform research, present analysis, and provide recommendations about system and software architecture improvements.
- Provide technical support for end-users and customer technical staff for supported systems, frameworks, and stacks
- Identify manual tasks and processes which can be automated effectively
- Support shared responsibilities to keep customer and company internal infrastructure secure
- Be capable of automating tasks using programming languages with well-documented, readable, and maintainable code
- Must possess strong interpersonal and communications skills; capable of writing purchase justifications, training users/team members in complex topics, making/giving presentations.
- Be capable of continually improving one’s own skill set relevant to business and technical missions with minimal oversight. Must take initiative, negotiate with project management, and execute successfully on plans.
- Participate in agile team practices; reflect honestly on own performance, participate in shared team accountability, recommend changes for team improvement
- Write manual and automated tests as part of a normal DevOps practice.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm Eastern
- Candidate must be physically located within the Philippines and legally authorized to work. Position is contract remote work to US-based clients and companies.
- Solid experience with networking fundamentals, protocols, and application behaviors, particularly web-based software.
- Must be able to troubleshoot complex technical problems using a scientific and methodical approach.
- Solid experience with Git, GitHub, and/or GitLab source control tools and patterns.
- Solid experience with scripting using Python and Bash.
- Solid experience administering, configuring, and supporting Linux OS environments.
- Must handle sensitive information with appropriate discretion and according to company policies.
- Self-motivated, proactive, attentive to detail, and precise in communication and work.
- Exceptional written and verbal English communication on technical subject matter, abstract concepts, and requirements.
- Familiar with any of various technologies common to the DevOps field:
- Cloud environments, such as AWS or Azure
- SaltStack, Ansible, or similar state & configuration management solutions
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) technologies such as AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodePipeline
- Declarative infrastructure solutions such as AWS CloudFormation, AWS Cloud Development Kit (CDK), Azure Resource Manager, or Terraform
- Containerization platforms such as Docker, Docker Compose, and Kubernetes
- GitHub Actions
- Administering, configuring, and supporting Windows OS environments
- SQL and/or NoSQL database engines
- Key-value stores such as Redis, DynamoDB, or others
- Network load balancing concepts
- nginx, Apache httpd, MySQL/PostgreSQL
- Experience with mainstay language(s) such as: Java, C#, Python, Ruby, Swift, Typescript/NodeJS, Scala, Rust, Bash/Zsh Shell Scripting
- Understanding of web protocols & browser behaviors
- A solid understanding of best practices and techniques in web software
- Experience with writing secure code, working with security mitigations and technologies
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
This position is within the IT Operations organization at Digital Maelstrom. Candidates will work closely with other engineers, principal consultants, and various client contacts such as stakeholders, architects, business analysts and management.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, preferred; or equivalent work experience.