- You own the infrastructure and platform side of the Arango Oasis project
- You design and develop the cloud infrastructure on AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure for reliability, efficiency, and scalability
- You work closely with customers to solve their platform & infrastructure-related issues as well as with the engineering side to automate a scalable deployment with Kubernetes
- You contribute to the monitoring strategy and alerting processes
- You develop custom monitoring tools and metrics dashboards, both for internal use and the client-side
- You test the platform for resilience, running disaster recovery tests, and implementing disaster response plans
- You have experience in building and maintaining large-scale distributed cloud infrastructures (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure)
- You know how to monitor and analyze distributed cloud systems and troubleshoot in production
- Working with deployment container tools for Kubernetes, docker comes naturally to you
- You bring a love for automation to the table
You understand common networking protocols as well as high availability and load balancing techniques
- You communicate pro-active and friendly with team members as well as customers
- Last but not least you have experience deploying, running and debugging databases and database clusters in production, ideally including ArangoDB
United States of America
(From Everywhere/No Office Location)
Rust Job Details
We are looking for an experienced Site Reliability Engineer to advance the infrastructure and operations part of our managed cloud service, ArangoDB Oasis. Oasis provides fully hosted, managed and monitored cluster deployments of the ArangoDB database on all major cloud providers for our clients. You will be able to contribute significantly to this state-of-the-art service and take a leading role in shaping the strategy of hosting ArangoDB on multiple cloud providers.
Our headquarter is in San Francisco (US), our development hub is in Cologne (Germany) and our diverse team includes workmates at remote locations worldwide. Team Oasis is a remote team working from Central Europe, that we want to expand to the US East Coast, so all candidates in those timezones will be considered.
About the Role:
The over 100 minds of ArangoDB come from 5 different continents and more than 20 countries. Diverse backgrounds enable us to see new solutions. We invite people from every culture, national origin, religion, with every sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, and of every age to apply to our positions. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. Arango is committed to a workplace free of discrimination and harassment based on any of these characteristics. We love this diversity and encourage everyone who is curious and visionary to join the multi-model movement.