- Remote OK; Domestic US
- Work on multiple teams to architect, build, deploy, maintain, and improve software applications for Matter Product Studio's clients.
- Deal with a wide variety of frameworks and projects. Some of our clients are launching their first mobile product, others need support on existing complex applications, and others we work alongside an existing engineering team in co-development.
- Architect APIs, complex business logic, build beautiful frontends, and implement 3rd party integrations working alongside other curious engineers and team members.
- Share responsibility for reviewing pull requests to ensure code quality and applications are maintainable and scalable.
- Train and mentor junior engineers in their development growth.
- Collaborate with designers and product managers on the implementation of requirements and client specifications.
- Write automated tests.
- Contribute to Matter's growing internal Best Practices and Product Engineering Methodology documentation.
- 4+ years of software development experience.
- 3+ years Rust experience
- 3+ years Solana experience
- Backend experience nice-to-have
- Airdrops experience nice-to-have
- Staking gamification experience nice-to-have
- Yield/token generation experience nice-to-have
- Whitelisting experience nice-to-have
- Token spending experience nice-to-have
- An understanding of software development best practices and a commitment to following them.
- Comfort in reviewing others' code and providing meaningful and clear feedback to overall improve a code base.
- Comfort with paired programming and teaching other engineers on best practices, solutions, and implementation.
- Take pride and ownership in what you build.
- Ability to effectively communicate via written and spoken English.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week.
The ideal candidate is comfortable with these two Solana workflows:
- Updating metadata on existing NFT collections
- Experience with building custom minting flows
- Fully remote organization
- Unlimited PTO
- Qualified QSE Plan for Health Care, applicable to medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible work schedule
- Wellness Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
Chicago, IL - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Matter is a Build as a Service (BaaS) agency that empowers businesses to build better technology. We specialize in custom software development and team building to help our clients engineer transformative results across their organization. We're a geo-diverse and dynamic team with deep backgrounds across product, engineering, and design and we are always looking for exceptional talent.
We are a remote-first team who believes in the intentional building of our team, processes and culture. If you are someone who thinks beyond just an engineering perspective and raises product concerns as you see them, takes pride of ownership in your work and is interested in learning, picking up new languages and personal growth, then Matter could be a great fit for you.
Matter's software engineers work across multiple industries with companies of all shapes and sizes — from pre-Series A to S&P 500 organizations. Our engineers need to be adaptable, proactive, and skilled in all areas of building technology. At Matter, we're working on building a fully remote, diverse, talented group of the "right" people that enable organizations across the world to build better technology.
What you'll be doing
At Matter our mission is simple: bring together the right people to engineer transformative teams that result in unparalleled service and experiences for our clients. We strive to create a remote culture of empowerment, teamwork, and excellence.