Work Department: Center for the Application of Information Technologies (CAIT)
- Class Title/Code: Information Technology Techinical Associate (5031)
- Effective Date: Jun 27, 2022
The Application Developer will work with the development and documentation of leading-edge technologies in a dynamic and technology-rich environment. The position involves a great deal of creativity, initiative, and a high level of independent judgment to oversee the development of unique technology environments. The application developer will be involved in the development and deployment of dynamic learning systems, enterprise data tracking systems, and application development.
- Develop web application and database components for CAIT instructional or enterprise projects, which includes developing reusable application modules, application architecture designs, database normalization and developing entity relationship diagrams.
- Develop web-based environments in HTML and connect back-end application components to their front-end web-based component.
- Communicate with clients, content experts and other production personnel as well as the Information Technology group in the development of web application and database projects is essential.
- Have knowledge of Web Server packages including but not limited to Apache Tomcat and Sun One. Experience with UNIX, Linux, and LDAP is preferred.
- Assist in the testing and deployment of web application projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Starting Salary: $4,311/month
- Application Deadline: Jul 11, 2022
Macomb, IL - United States of America
Rust Job Details
Employment - Information & Instructions
Complete an Employment Application online. Submit supplemental application materials, which may include transcripts, licenses, certifications, resume, and a copy of the DD214 (if applicable), via email to [email protected]
All application materials are due in the WIU Human Resources Office no later than 4:30 p.m. the day of the application deadline.
Western Illinois University is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer with a strong commitment to diversity and a non-discrimination policy that includes sex, race, color, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Human Resources Office
Sherman Hall 105
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455
Phone: (309) 298-1971 ext. 1
Fax: (309) 298-2300
Email: [email protected]
Open: Monday - Friday; 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.