- Develop software, tests, algorithms, and automation of tasks
- Implement requirements, design, and solutions to engineering problems
- Understand and apply the best practices and software engineering principles
- Research, design, redesign, and brainstorm engineering problems across teams
- Write product documentation, demos, and training materials
- Minimum 3 years of professional software development experience
- Bachelors or coursework in Computer Science, Math, Physics or related fields
- Fluent in at least one language (in order of importance): Python, Go, C++, Rust
- Comfortable working in Linux and macOS
- Experienced in Unit Testing.
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Versed in a Git use, both CLI and GUI
- Networking skills: TCP/UDP, routing, VPN, and SSH
- Good command of spoken and written English. Comfortable working in a highly international team.
- Structured Python experience (Using Python as an OOP)
- Open to new technologies that evolve quickly
- Exposure to ML and Data Science
- Container technologies: Docker, Docker-Compose, and KVM
- Some DevOps experience like Ansible, Salt, Terraform
- Exposure to design principles
Boston, MA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
About Zapata Computing
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services, and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. The Zapata Orquestra platform combines powerful software and quantum algorithms to deliver real-world solutions to classical and quantum technologies.
About the Role
Zapata Professional Services exists to solve customer computational challenges. As a software engineer in Professional Services, you will work with a team of engineers and scientists to design, develop, test, and maintain software applications for customers using Orquestra. This is a software engineering, not a scientific role.
Key Responsibilities Include
Why Join Zapata
We are growing! We are still in early stages but are experiencing rapid growth. We welcome individuals who want to be a part of evolving technology, with teams of researchers, developers and inquisitive individuals working together to advance technology. Even though Zapata is primarily remote we intentionally foster a supportive and fun community with companywide and team events. We care about our employees’ health and well-being and offer great holiday and time off benefits, including a “summer shutdown” and end of the year closure.
Location: Remote in North, Central, or South America. We have offices in Boston, MA, Nashville, TN or Toronto, ON, Canada.
Our team is global, but our company language is English.
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.