- Developing new user-facing features using React.js
- Building reusable components and for future use
- Translating designs and wireframes into high quality code
- Optimizing components for maximum performance across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers
- Testing, packaging and deploying front end features
- Strong development skills in a langage such as Java, Python, Go, Rust, Scheme, Erlang (others welcome!)
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with popular React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- REST services and API’s (JSON, REST, Swagger,graphQL)
- Experience with test automation (Jest, Junit, Selenium, Robot FW)
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Using and creating docker components
- Modern code versioning and build pipelines tools (such as GIT and Jenkins)
- K8S, Azure
- Fluent in English
- Agile Methodologies
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- One of the World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
- Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
- Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
- LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
- At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Amadora - Portugal
Rust Job Details
Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
CNS Business Applications is the Nokia division that develops products and software-only solutions. Our customers are Telecom operators and various sectors of companies increasingly looking to move to "Software as a service".
Big Data Analytics, the Internet of Things, Cyber Security, Cloud, are the main topics at the heart of our portfolio and enable us to create the ultra-connected world in which we will live tomorrow at the heart of smart cities, using autonomous cars and health services and public safety connected. Come and join our team to ensure that this connected world will be safe, secure and respect our privacy.
As Nokia's growth engine, we create value for communication service providers and enterprise customers by leading the transition to cloud-native software and as-a-service delivery models.
Our inclusive team of dreamers, doers and disruptors push the limits from impossible to possible.
What you will learn and contribute to
We are looking for a great full-stack developer who is proficient with React.js and building backend microservices. Your primary focus will be on developing user innovative user experiences following well-known React.js workflows (such as Flux or Redux) and microservices to support the front end. You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust and easy to maintain. You will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
Would be good if you also have knowledge in:
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
Nokia’s employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.