- Own entire features from specification to shipping
- Demonstrate solid engineering practices and processing, such as a solid testing methodology and documentation
- Ability to work cross-functionally to produce quality code and product
- Debug production issues across our UI programming model with an eye towards improving maintainability over the long term
- Experience writing core infrastructure software, developing distributed systems or highly scalable databases
- Bitcoin/Ethereum/Blockchain related open sources projects is a major bonus as well
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering and 4 years of experience as a professional software developer
- Must have 4 years of experience in the following:
- Computer systems software and Design;
- Computer Security Design;
- Capability-based security models;
- Programming in C, C++, Rust, Bash;
- Computer and Operating Systems;
- Git version control and Linux;
- Google Cloud Platform/Azure/AWS.
- Designing secure protocols, software, and algorithms which reduce trust.
- Experience in Bitcoin, cryptography, or financial software a major plus but not necessary
- Open source experience
San Francisco, CA - United States of America
Rust Job Details
JOB TYPE: Freelance, Contract Position - No agencies (See notes below)
LOCATION: Remote (TimeZone: )
HOURLY RANGE: Our client is looking to pay $100 - $150 USD / HR
Braintrust is the only network that gives in-demand talent all the freedom of freelance with all the benefits, community, and stability of a full-time role. As the first decentralized talent network, our revolutionary Web3 model ensures the community that relies on Braintrust to find work are the same people who own and build it through the blockchain token, BTRST. So unlike other marketplaces that take 20% to 50% of talent earnings, Braintrust allows talent to keep 100% of earnings and to vote on key changes to improve the network. Braintrust is working to change the way freelance works – for good.
ABOUT THE HIRING PROCESS:
Qualified candidates will be invited to do a screening interview with the Braintrust staff. We will answer your questions about the project, and our platform. If we determine it is the right fit for both parties, we'll invite you to join the platform and create a profile to apply directly for this project.
C2C Candidates: This role is not available to C2C candidates working with an agency. But if you are a professional contractor who has created an LLC/corp around your consulting practice, this is well aligned with Braintrust and we’d welcome your application.
Braintrust values the multitude of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
This is a remote position.